Saturday, February 10, 2018

Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer



I know, another drugstore concealer. I've been testing a few of them, especially since I'm looking to make a few changes in my routine.

Say hello to the most recent viral sensation, Makeup Revolution's Conceal and Define Concealer ($7, Ulta). Call it exceptional timing with other brands that we won't mention setting fire to their own empires, but customers were on the hunt for a good, inexpensive replacement with an inclusive shade range.

There are 18 shades in the range, which promises full coverage and long wear. For your $7, you receive 0.11fl oz of product.



I really love this large doefoot- it does call to mind the high end product they're coming for with their advertising (and admittedly the product I'm having issues with supporting right now). I've been testing a few new concealers and have come to the conclusion that I like the oversized doefoots, especially since I'm usually getting ready pre-dawn. Every second matters.

I picked up two of the shades on launch day from Ulta.com: C1-fair skin, neutral undertone, C3- fair skin, pink undertone.


I'll readily admit that I expected for C1 to be my shade, but at $7 I was willing to take a chance. This time of year I'm NW13.



Yup, C1 for me.

Now, let's do a quick comparison to a bunch of fair concealers in my stash so you can see where these fit in.



It's not as light as Tarte Fair/NARS Chantilly (they're very close in color, it's a formula preference to be honest, and I'm trying very hard to get back into the NARS), but it's a nice natural looking undereye.

Now, let's talk about the wear. I didn't photograph it in-use, but the fact that I've been wearing it every single day under my eyes since I got it should tell you what I think. This performs all day, doesn't crease that much (at my age, everything's starting to crease, and my undereyes were still rehabbing from the damage from the Maybelline Fit Me. Check out last week's post for details.), and is overall a nice concealer. It's more full-coverage than the Smashbox, which is what I had been testing for most of January.

Bottom Line: At $7, you really do need to try this out. It's already one of my favorites in my expansive collection, and it holds serve against high end favorites. I'm sold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.