Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday Dreaming: Drugstore Edition

It's been quite awhile since I've done one of these, and since I've been buying a lot of drugstore makeup as of late (I actually made a Walmart run for something from Milani this morning), my mind's on the drugstore.

It's also on Natasha Denona, but Sephora's inability to manage their in-store stock has left me ticked off and empty-handed.


Here's what's next up on my drugstore wish list! Please note, I'm more than aware of the new Wet 'n Wild shadows, brow pencils, and liners. hint hint keep your eyes out. At least a swatch post of one of the new lines this week.


1. Milani Jet Set Eye Brush Kit ($11.97-14)



I noticed a lot of new brushes from Milani. I'm interested, but they're pricey. This mini eye trio seems like a better way to test the brand than a single $11-15 brush from the drugstore.

2. Almay Palette Pop in Naturalista ($14.99)


I know, I'm not really an Almay girl. I have an issue with their shade range, but have been dabbling with a few shadow products as of late. This is the more natural of the two; I'm testing the bolder of the two right now and was surprised. I think this is super expensive but will be keeping an eye on it.

3. Almay Shadow Squad Quad in Unapologetic ($4.99-6.99)



I picked up two of these already and find the performance to be uneven- but I have a theory.Picking up coppery Unapologetic or the turquoise quad will probably confirm what I'm thinking... this is a quad I'm far more likely to wear after the fact!

4. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald ($6.29-7.49)



I almost picked this up today but kept focused on the Milani palette I ventured out in the gross weather for. This is so brilliant in person, and I love these shadows. I need to use them more. Hmm.

5. L'Oreal Infallible Crushed Foils Eyeshadow ($9.99)



Raise your hand if you knew this was a thing. Also, that's a silly price. I ran into this collection at a Walmart about 20 miles from my home (I was on an Ulta hunt for a specific NARS item with my 20% coupon, ok?) and was drawn in. I'm really interested in trying one of these for the formula. There are three versions- Diamond Dust, Crushed Stone, and Gilded Gold (pictured above).

6. Wet 'n Wild Megalast Liquid Catsuit Liquid Eyeshadow ($4.99)



Yes. They're back. I can't believe I haven't picked them up by now, but some changes in my Ulta life (post to come probably in March as I reflect on things) will probably make this an easier item for me to purchase. I loved these and raved about them before, now I'll be picking up the neutrals. My favorite, Shells and Whistles, is what's pictured above.


7. BH Cosmetics Spotlight Palette ($17.99)



Ooh, she's pricey and I know I could get a better deal from the brand directly. Still, I'm loyal to Ulta (those rewards. QBB wants a Dyson!) and will be picking this up shortly now that it's available.


8. BH Cosmetics Blacklight Palette ($17.99)



Same story, second verse. I'm curious, ok?


9. Essence Fresh & Fit Make Me Up ($6.99)



I'll say it: the shade range is trash. Essence and Catrice are connected- either the same parent, or one owns the other... it's some relationship. I know I like the Catrice bases (another range with horrid shade selection), so I'm very curious to try this.

10. NYX Epic Ink Liner ($7.99)




I could kick myself for not picking this up when I had a point multiplier on it... but soon this will be mine since I'm getting down there on the number of black liners I have in reserve.

And yes, I'm looking forward to playing with Flower Beauty now that it's in Ulta. And the new Essence custom palettes... but I'm one girl and this is already ten items!  So yes, I love high end products... but the drugstore has been surprising me in a good way as of late.

What's on your drugstore list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.