Thursday, February 8, 2018

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer Shade Extension 05 Ivory



Fit Me Concealer.

Those are three words that most beauty junkies know well, and hold their tubes near and dear. Sadly, the shade range has been pitiful and even your QBB has been unable to test it. The Fit Me Foundation (in the Matte and Poreless version) has probably the most inclusive shade range in the drugstore... but the concealer? Lacking.



We first got inkling of a shade extension on the brand's Instagram at the beginning of the year, and I spotted the expanded range at my local Walmart when they redid the overall displays in January.

There are also two new darker shades in this release.


Finally, I got to play with the formula.

Now, I'm not totally new to the Fit Me formula; I played around with Shade 10 (the second lightest) last summer when I was really self-tanned and liked it. So, the idea of a Fit Me concealer that would work for me year-around? I was in.




I love that brands are starting to put their products in these blister packs. I'm able to buy with confidence that nobody has tampered with it.

The basics: Maybelline Fit Me concealer is a cream concealer with doe foot applicator, and retails for $6.58 for 0.23fl oz. I've yet to see the shade extension other than in-store at Walmart (and this is post-Walgreens reset that I'm writing this, but pre-CVS/Rite Aid).



Shade 05 Ivory is much, much lighter than Shade 10:



And, keeping it in the parent company family, here's how the lightest shade of Fit Me compares to the lightest L'Oreal Pro Glow:


What a freaking joke, L'Oreal. In what universe is that Classic Ivory?

I reference the L'Oreal Pro Glow for a specific reason that arose during testing.

I remember liking the Fit Me formula. I need to do some research to see if it's been reformulated because my reaction was completely different. The coverage is beautiful and I loved how it looked under my eyes. However, I developed serious sensitivity and a possible reaction after using it for two days in a row similar to what some users have reported with the L'Oreal Pro Glow. It felt like my sensitive undereye skin had been burned; I ended up dabbing aloe where the concealer had been.

So, the shade range is getting better. But for a reaction to the formula, this is a hard pass (and why I wouldn't put it back on my eyes for photography- it's just not worth it.).

1 comment:

  1. Do you know how the new ivory shade compares to fair? Fair was a good color match for my skin but I prefer peach toned concealers as they cover more under eye circles.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.