Wednesday, May 14, 2014

NARS Summer 2014 Eyeshadow- Malacca



Although I've got one more lovely lippie in the coral family to share, I wanted to take a break from the lip-heavy reviews this week.



I've passed on the last few NARS collections, but there was one item from the Summer 2014 Adult Swim collection that immediately caught my attention- the Malacca eyeshadow single.



NARS eyeshadow singles contain 0.07oz/2.2g of product and retail for $24.

Malacca is described as "iridescent peacock." It's a complex mix of teal, green, purple, and brown that's actually somewhat sheer but buildable.  The sheer nature of the shadow saves it as an everyday product for me.



I tested this over the course of three days in three different ways.  If you're willing to think outside the box, it's applicable in a variety of situations.  I always use NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base- regardless of the eyeshadow brand.  I get a full day's wear- around 12 hours from Malacca.

I find it easiest to work with Malacca in a nighttime setting, as part of a smoky eye.  Alternatively, it works with an overall colorful look.  The most difficult look for me was finding a way to make it work for an office setting.  I did, eventually (tip: sheer application, tightlined with grey eyeliner but no additional liner at the lash line, Tom Ford Indian Rose on my lips).  Still, I'm glad that I worked and figured a way to make this a multi-setting product.  I'm more likely to take it with me this summer on trips now.

Let me share a few swatches with you:

In the sun:






Outside, indirect light, no flash:




Outside, with flash:





Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash:





Bottom Line: This is a unique shade that's a real standout from recent collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.