Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water



Once upon a time, there was a green-topped Micellar water and a makeup-loving girl. They were the match made in heaven in liquid form, and the girl thought it was true love (although the wipes left the girl cold and with residual makeup). One day, the girl met a mysterious French lover named Bioderma and left her Simple lover for the mysterious French liquid.

About a year and hundreds of dollars later, the girl was bored and browsing Ulta's site, as any makeup lover is apt to do for entertainment. The girl's cheating eye noticed a new, blue-capped Simple Micellar water.

A few mouse clicks and several days later, the girl tore into the new arrival and promptly left her French love for her true American sweetheart.



I know, right? But it's Micellar Water and I had to be a bit creative.

Let's really get into it. As my little story indicated, the OG Simple Micellar water was the first that I tried, and I liked it... until I started down the Bioderma path. When I noticed a new formulation, I picked it up since I was about to open my last Bioderma backup.

The Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water is available at your local drugstore (I've spotted it while doing my tours of local Rite Aids and Walgreens in particular hunting the new Wet 'n Wild release). At Ulta.com, it retails for $9.99, which is where I purchased. Local prices are apt to vary per regular experience at the drugstore.

Here's why I was so interested to try this out. Simple is already known for being sensitive-skin friendly, but this is marketed specifically for sensitive, dehydrated dry skin. Although my skin is less dry during the summer, I'm always interested in non-drying products. You also get a generous 13.5oz/400ml.

After trying this for about a month, I'm sold. My last Bioderma hasn't been cracked yet, which is stunning. I feel like this is an effective Micellar water that agrees with my face wonderfully. I don't have a makeup removal test to show you, but trust me when I say this is one of the best I've ever tried. It rivals Bioderma in effectiveness, and given the price disparity and availability I think I may start preferring this Simple again.

If you see this at your local store, I highly recommend picking it up. I'm a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.