Monday, September 25, 2017

Natasha Denona Lila Palette

I have a confession.

Purple has always been my favorite color of eyeshadow, despite it being the most difficult to formulate well. Back when my collection was quite small, I still remember owning at least five light purples. I distinctly remember my first purchase being a blue-violet Clinique single shadow. When I try a new line, the first shade I always grab is the purple. Because that's the test. So when I heard about the Natasha Denona Lila Palette, I knew it would be mine.

And it is. Isn't the matching Beautylish packaging adorable?



Before we go any further, I'm going to give a disclaimer and provide a bit of background. This is a luxury palette. Just take a look around my blog- I use drugstore, high end, and luxury products. If the price tag of this palette somehow is offensive to you- or you judge anyone for using luxury products, this isn't the post for you. I'll have posts for you coming up soon.

With that aside, let's talk about the brand and this palette. For those who aren't aware, Natasha Denona is an incredibly talented, award-winning makeup artist who started her own makeup academy in Tel Aviv, Israel (where she currently resides). She's worked on all of the major magazines (some of her covers are here). I highly recommend reading her bio because she's lived quite an interesting life and her various inspirations come through in her products. I'm personally a huge fan of how R&D based her line is.



Yes, her line comes with a high price tag. However, you get a lot of product.

The Lila Palette ($129, permanent) contains 15 new shadows that contain 2.5g/0.08oz each. In total, that's 37.5g/0.64oz of product. That's $3.44 per ounce, which is more than competitive (or moreso) with other high end brands. If you want a great breakdown, I highly recommend watching YouTuber Stephanie Nicole's breakdown. This is the second palette that she's released at $129, both of which are permanent. (I haven't featured the Sunset Palette to date because it went out of stock for so long; I'll do so now that it's coming back.)



I'll be honest, I haven't used my Sunset Palette as much as I thought I would because when it comes down to it, I'm a purple girl. Lila hits all of those notes for me. I'm also happy to learn that Natasha Denona is also a purple girl.

The outside packaging is beautiful. Like I mentioned, it's similar to the Sunset Palette.



Here she is, in all of her glory.



This palette has 15 new shades- 4 mattes (CM), 3 duochromes (DC), 7 metallics (M/S), 1 chroma crystal (K). These are made in Italy, paraben free, and not tested on animals. This is not a vegan palette though- carmine is present in some of the formulas.


Here's a look at Lila's shades:



Let's do some swatching now:

Row 1:



Row 2:



Row 3 (you see why Livid (2nd shade) is my fave in the palette??):




I could've swatched and raved almost immediately, but I wanted to take a week to give you a few different looks. I only photographed the first couple, but I wore this for eight straight days and have fallen completely in love. I'm already a purple lover, but this palette takes the shade to another level.

Look #1: Nude Mauve, Per Se, Helio, Juneau (lid), Livid  (smudged lower lash line). Inner corner HL is Becca Lilac Geode.


I'd totally wear that to work. And have.

Look #2: Nude Mauve, Nude Vino, Livid (lid and lower lash line), Juneau (inner corner). You'll also see some Painterly in the transition area.



I'm so in lust with Livid. It's probably my favorite in the palette.

I'd planned to show a couple of other looks, but the photos aren't up to my standards. I'm happy to give look ideas in the comments if you'd like.


I thought at $129 I should test this for over a week straight.. This is now one of my all-time favorites. If it had a couple of more matte transition shades, it would be my favorite palette ever- because of the colors. It's more wearable than the Sunset palette for me.

I have a problem- now I'm torn between finishing my Viseart collection so I can review them or purchasing the purple-blue Natasha Denona palette next from Beautylish. Sigh.

Bottom Line: At this price, it's never going to be a necessity. But if you enjoy soft, blendable shadows and have the money to invest, I think Lila is devine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.