Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Becca Apres Ski Glow Face Palette for Holiday 2017


Today I bring you yet another one of those holiday releases that I wasn't going to buy, yet showed up when I was running merrily through Ulta during a 20% of coupon spree. Call it the red haze of shopping, but after one swatch of Icicle, I was done for.


Say hello to the Becca Apres Ski Glow Face Palette for Holiday 2017. This $54 palette contains six face products- three highlighters, two blushes, and one bronzer.  Each pan has 2.55g or 0.09oz product.


Yes, this is just as reflective but it's going to have to do. I happen to like the Becca palettes, so it was worth a try.



Let's take a look at the inside, with the large mirror.



Let's dig in, shall we?

First up is my favorite Becca highlighter of all time, Rose Quartz.


I adore this shade, which is a perfect beautiful highlight on me. I actually bought a backup. By the way, I think it's back for Holiday 2017. Thank goodness. It was the inclusion of this pan that tipped the balance on this whole palette for me, to be honest.



It's so lovely, right?

Next up is a brand-new shade- Icicle.



This is the other shade that lured me in. It's the perfect icy blue for my fair complexion.


I wish that this was available in a full pan, because I'd pick it up. After so many dark, warm highlighters it's nice to get the occasional pan from Becca that just works for me.

Next up is one of two blushes (or so they say) in this palette. Say hellow to Winter Berry.


This scared me. It's limited edition in this palette, but on the skin? Not as scary.


This is lovely- and a nice flush with a light hand. The shimmer is in the pan, but it doesn't translate other than a healthy flush to the skin.

The second row starts with Blushed Copper blush.


I think this is a straight up eyeshadow for me.


It's pretty, and I'll get creative working it into my routine.

Next up, the classic Opal highlighter.


I'm planning to do a full review of this soon- it's a classic for a reason.


Last up is Bronzed Bondi bronzer.


In the pan, this scares me.



But swatched and blended out, I can make this work. It's really more of a summer shade though. This is more of a nod to medium skintones, which I don't mind.

Here's a group swatch:


I wouldn't necessarily say that this palette is cohesive- the top and bottom rows are disjointed. Light and pale skintones would love row #1, medium skintones would love row #2. I think deep skintones would only like the Blushed Copper shade, honestly. It feels like Becca tried to make a palette for everyone and it just doesn't make a lot of sense.

That said, I think the top row's worth my investment and I'm thrilled to have it in my collection. I'd just think twice about gifting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.