Sunday, December 3, 2017

Dior Diorific Vernis 809 Emerald for Holiday 2017



So, there's a story with this nail polish.

Dior has been releasing these bauble-like nail polishes as a part of their Diorific Vernis line every holiday. I think I bought the full collection a couple of years, but my attention has been dwindling due to shade repetition.



Then I saw 809 Emerald.



Whoa, that's a green.

Somehow, in my sleep deprivation, I thought "there's no way it doesn't dry down darker than the bottle looks.

Three coats later at 1AM Monday morning, I was proven to be an idiot.



This is truly the most authentic representation of an actual emerald gemstone. It's breathtaking. It layers well and doesn't show many streaks.

There are three coats, no topcoat on my nails here:



But work friendly it is not. So off it went, to be replaced by a more work-friendly green. Dior Emerald is more of a weekend, right before Christmas, or St. Patrick's Day shade for me.

This retails for $28 and is one of four limited edition shades in Dior's holiday 2017 collection. I may have to go back for one or two more.

I think this is the most excited I've been about Dior in some time.

And this post, today, is dedicated to the most ardent lover of green that I will ever know. I miss you and love you. You'll never be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.