Thursday, October 6, 2016

September 2016 Favorites

Hey guys and gals! I'm going to start taking a different approach to my monthly favorites, I think. Let's keep it simple: one per category. I'm not going to talk about mascara since you know I toss them every month!


Makeup:

Primer: Too Faced Hangover Rx Primer- I started using this in August and it has replaced MAC Prep & Prime as my favorite daily primer. I'll probably get a backup next month when Sephora has their sale, despite the mountain of primer that I need to work on!

Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape Concealer- Girl. I know all of the YouTubers are raving about this. But it's really that good! I can work with Fair, so I'm thrilled that Tarte actually made a shade for me. I wish that there were more shades- especially for those with deeper complexions than mine.

Powder: RCMA No Color Powder- This is so cheap and works like a charm. I'm currently taking a vacation from it in order to work on my Use it Up powder, and miss it. So good.

Foundation: L'Oreal Pro Matte Foundation- I'm so happy to report that it was my primer rather than this foundation that broke me out initially. I cannot believe how flawless I can look with an $11 foundation. This has become my daily foundation of choice for months now.

Blush: Benefit Rockateur got pulled out of the drawer! Woot!

Bronzer: Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer- Light Bronze. This is effortless and goof-proof.

Highlighter: Becca Shimmer Skin Perfector- Rose Quartz. I'll be devoting an entire post to this coming up in a couple of days. It's my new HG.

Palette: MAC C'est Chic- Until I picked up the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics, this was a daily staple for me. It's so wonderful and you can get so many looks from it.

Solo Eyeshadow: L'Oreal Infallible in Amber Rush- I know everyone raves about this. But it's rave-worthy because it's just. so. good.

Eyeliner: Inglot Gel Eyeliner #77- It's so dark and lovely and perfect for wings. I love layering this over a liquid liner

Finishing Powder: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light- This just gives my face life.

Lipliner: Dior Greige- I decided to make this a use-it-up item and gosh I miss it already. So great for my pigmented lips

Lipstick/Lip Gloss: MAC Lipstick in Pink Plaid. I love topping this with the gloss from last holiday's pink lips kit for an effortless light pink look.

Nail Polish: OPI We the Female. I was really feeling these fall transitional shades! (On that note, I'll be posting a review of Kendra Scott's new nail line soon once I get a few more of the shades.)


Skincare

Only one major standout this month- Aveeno Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser. I'll put it up against any high-end foaming cleanser!

Hair

Drybar Triple Sec continues to be a favorite of mine, and a product I'll never let myself be without. I also really like Living Proof No Frizz Styling Gel since in September it was still hot around here.

Fragrance

Since I've been concentrating on Use-it-Up, I don't really have a favorite fragrance of the moment. Let me finish another bottle or two and I'll go back to wearing what I want rather than what I should be wearing.


Jewelry

This was the month that I let my obsession with the Kendra Scott Andy Cuff Bracelet (currently on clearance for $39.97) take over. This is perfect for my large wrists, and I actually gifted one to my mother for her birthday as well.

Style

I wore a lot of fun things in September- I really enjoyed Gwynnie Bee (I'll write an updated review soon) and continued to wear out my two Elizabeth & James Cynnie Totes.


That's it for my September favorites! I wanted to quickly get this post up so it was still sorta relevant. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but trust me I'm working on something big around here.  Check out my Instagram for some of my more recent looks (the matte-hater is crushing on the new UD palette. What?!?).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.