Sunday, April 27, 2014

Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow No 01 Pearl White


Today's shadow, #01 Pearl White, might be the most difficult of anything to photograph with my very fair complexion.  I'll be making a distinct effort to describe this shade as best as I can. Some shades are simply better suited for swatching than others.

Pearl White is a sheer, creamy shimmer eyeshadow shade that is buildable. It is one of two white shadows in Burberry's Sheer Eyeshadow line.  They're designed to be used as accents or as lightning bases for other colors.






I used this as an accent for the inner eye. It's just as buttery as the rest of the Burberry shadows. I got less than the usual wear time, but who wears primer in the corner of their eyes?





I'm going to do my best with swatches:

Outside, no flash:



Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash:



I don't own very many white shades, but I pulled a few.




Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Sugar Cube is both sheerer and has a distinct yellow/gold cast.
Dior Royal Kaki #2 (upper right) is a true cream shade and far sheerer.
Chanel Radiant Gems #2 (upper right) is the closest to Burberry Pearl White but has more shimmer.

This shade has been out of stock, but I found mine by calling a few different counters. It's a great accent. Admittedly, I don't own #25 Porcelain White to make a comparison within the line, but I recommend picking up a Burberry white shadow to use as a blending and accent shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.