Thursday, May 5, 2016

#Mixitupmaypalettes Challenge Day 1: Smoke and Rain

Although I'm doing pretty well on staying up-to-date on my Instagram (I owe Day 4 & Day 5), I'm going to probably post every few days here. I tried to keep track of my inspiration when possible.


Day 1: "If I'm Going to Do This...."/Rain, Rain Go Away!



The first theme of my makeup was a combo platter. I decided to go all out and do a full face on what otherwise be a fresh-faced lazy Sunday at home. It has been raining for what feels like 2 weeks straight, so Laura Mercier's Paris After the Rain palette seemed to be the natural first palette in rotation.

Face: MAC Prep & Prime Face (my go-to and 1 of 2 usual samples at checkout for any MAC order), Sephora Collection Bright Future Color Corrector- Green, Marc Jacobs  Cover(t) Stick- Co(vert) Affairs, NARS Concealer, Chanel Perfection Luminere Velvet (BR12), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder- Translucent, Marc Jacobs #instamarc Light Filtering Contour Powder- 20 Dream Filter, Bobbi Brown Pink Lily Blush & Highlighting Palette, Chanel Les Beiges Powder (#10)

Eyes: Sephora Collection Bright Future Color Corrector-04 Peach, Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel-Serum Concealer- 01 Bavarian Cream, Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder,  Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow- Chocolate,  Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot- Painterly, Laura Mercier Paris After the Rain Palette, Revlon Natural Defining Lashes, Tom Ford Illuminating Pen- Lavender Voile, Bare Minerals Lasting Line Eyeliner- Absolute Black, Armani Eyes to Kill Classico Mascara

Lips: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner, MAC Lip Erase- Pale, MAC Lip Liner- Naked, MAC Dressed to Thrill & Long Legged & Fabulous Lipstick (mixed)

Nails: Essie Seen on the Scene (Summer 2016 Brights)

I took a quick photo of my eyes, all full of smoke and sass. 



And here's my custom lip mix. MAC Lip Erase is a killer product- it lets me do this:




I considered Day 1 to be a success. I have four more days to update, which I'll be doing shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.