Thursday, May 5, 2016

#mixitupmaypalettes Challenge Days 3-4: Watercolors Gone Wild

Since I'm playing catchup anyhow, I specifically wanted to group Days 3&4 together because they shared a single inspiration: my Kate Spade Silk Watercolor Scarf, a generous birthday gift from my mother this year.

Although I've linked the original listing in the prior paragraph, it's more vivid in real life:






You can see how this would be an awesome spring makeup inspiration, right?

Day 3: Watercolor in Real Life, Day One


Face: MAC Prep & Prime Face, NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer, Cle de Peau Concealer (Ivoire), Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Foundation (Alabaster), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (Translucent), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush- Ethereal Glow, ColourPop Super Shock Cheek- Lunch Money

Eyes: NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer, Cle de Peau Concealer (Ivoire), Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot (Painterly), MAC Pastel x 9, MAC Fluidline- Midnight Snack, Marc Jacobs Highliner- (Luna)tic, Tarte Gifted Mascara, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow (Chocolate)

Lips: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner, NARS Audacious (Kelly)

Nails: Essie Lounge Lover

That was so fun that I decided to re-interpret the same scarf twice. What?!?! It's allowable.


Day 4: Return of the Watercolors



Face:  MAC Prep & Prime Face, NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer, Cle de Peau Concealer (Ivoire), Tom Ford Traceless Foundation (Cream), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (Translucent), MAC Mineralize Blush (Just a Wisp), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Incandescent Light)

Eyes: NYX Cosmetics Color Correcting Concealer, Sephora Collection Genius Gel Concealer (Bavarian Cream), Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder, Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot (Painterly, Dangerous Cuvee), Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow (Trench), Lancome Color Design Palette (Bleu Ciel Parisien), Stila Turquoise Smudge Stick Eyeliner, Sephora Collection
Wink-It Felt Liner (Little Black Dress), Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara

Lips: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner, Urban Decay Lip Liner (Obsessed), Hourglass Lipstick & Gloss (Ballet)

Nails: Essie Lounge Lover

You may have noticed that I've been digging Essie Lounge Lover as of late. I love it so much that I bought 2 more bottles the last time I was at Ulta- one backup for me, and one to give to my mother for Mothers' Day. I'll do a post on it if it ever stops raining- and when I can pull my camera out.

Running List of Palettes Used (QBB review linked when available):

Day 1: Laura Mercier Paris After the Rain
Day 2: Chanel Tisse Rivoli
Day 3: MAC Pastel x 9
Day 4: Lancome Color Design Palette 407 Bleu Ciel Parisien

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.