Thursday, May 5, 2016

#mixitupmaypalettes Challenge Day 5: Ailing Yet Winging It

Day 5: Ailing Yet Winging My Way Through It




I'm still not feeling well (hence the daytime blog posts, so I took my time and attempted a crappy baby wing. I'm still learning to wing my liner.

Face: MAC Prep & Prime Face, NYX Color Correcting Concealer Palette, Cle de Peau Concealer (Ivoire), Tom Ford Traceless Foundation (Cream), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (Translucent), Shiseido Face Color Enhancing Trio (OR1), Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder (Incandescent Light)

Eyes: NYC Color Correcting Concealer Palette, Sephora Collection Bright Future Concealer (01Bavarian Cream), Smashbox 24 Hour Eyeshadow Primer, MAC Paint Pot (Painterly), Butter London Shadow Clutch, Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow (Chocolate), MAC Fluidline (Dipdown), Urban Decay Supply Liner (lower), Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Excess Mascara


Lips: Sephora Collection Universal Lip Liner, MAC Lipliner (Whirl), MAC Lipstick (So Select)

Nails: Christian Louboutin Jazzy Doll


I'd forgotten just how silky, blendable, and lovely Butter London's eyeshadows are. There really isn't much fallout at all- only a bit with the darkest shadow that I used, the lovely blue/red/brown multichrome. That shade is a lot like MAC Club- it reads as a warm brown on the eye with some subtle flashes of color but blue in the pan.

Now, I know I'm terrible at winged eyeliner. First, the blown-out IG look:


And here's the full eye look. Kinda boring and basic.






Overall, not bad for a day when I'm ailing pretty badly. Bonus points for using MAC Fluidline when ill.


Running List of Palettes Used (QBB review linked when available):

Day 1: Laura Mercier Paris After the Rain
Day 2: Chanel Tisse Rivoli
Day 3: MAC Pastel x 9
Day 4: Lancome Color Design Palette 407 Bleu Ciel Parisien
Day 5: Butter London Shadow Clutch (customized)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.