Saturday, November 2, 2013

Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Satin Lipstick- Dubai

Today I'm happy to bring you one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection, and the only other item I own from this brand (see this post for my other review).  The Colour Core Satin Lipstick from Le Metier de Beaute was my introduction to this brand (If I'm being honest, most of their products still seem out of reach for me.).  Unlike my initial flirtation with Giorgio Armani, this has the possibility of turning into a real fling or long-term love.






Le Metier de Beaute's Colour Core Satin Lipstick line consists of 26 shades, named after worldwide cities.  Dubai is a lovely mauve-lilac hybrid lipstick that's fresh for spring but also appropriate in fall/winter.




It's easy to tell between the two lipstick lines by the color of the tube.  These are black, whereas the new line is silver.






Swatches are even more lovely:

Outside

Outside, on my lips

Inside, no flash

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash
Inside, with flash

Looking at these photos, I find the inside/flash combination to be closest to real life.  This is a beautiful, moisturizing formula that lasts around 5-6 hours before needing a touch-up.  Even at $32, I find this a lovely formula that's right in line with Dior and Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.