Sunday, October 27, 2013

Le Metier de Beaute Hydra-Creme Lipstick- Rose Garnet

When was the last time that the first time you put a new lipstick on your lips, you said "ohhhh" out loud because it was just so buttery, luxurious, and amazing?

For me, it hadn't happened before.  And then I met the brand-new Hydra-Creme Lipsticks from Le Metier de Beaute.  I'm not the type to fall for a lipstick, but I can see a long. healthy relationship developing.



I found this new formula at my local LMdB counter at Neiman Marcus- Nordstrom did not have the product available yet.  I nabbed the last in this shade, so it's clearly a fast favorite.

Let's start with the basics: the packaging.  Yes, it looks similar to Clinique's iconic lipstick tube.  Trust me, it's anything but.



Plus, others are jumping on this trend lately:








Rose Garnet is a beautiful, saturated rosy pink with a bit of a pearl finish:





These photos don't do it justice.  But here's some swatches anyhow:

Inside, no flash


Inside with flash

Outside   

It's stunning on my lips:

Outside

Inside, no flash

Inside, flash





This color doesn't tell the real story of this formula. I've never experienced anything quite like it.  It glides on like a lip butter, moisturizes like a balm, and has the finish and color of a high-end lipstick. The closest thing I can think of in my collection is Lipstick Queen Jean Queen in terms of the moisturizing properties, but I'd easily put this above all others.

At $25, this is less than most of the super high end lipsticks, and is a true value.  I'm going to nab a couple other shades in this range down the line, but I'll be having a love affair with Rose Garnet in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.