Monday, October 28, 2013

NOTD: Giorgio Armani Nail Lacquer #702

Today's NOTD is a double NOTD/formula review post.  My heart is breaking as I type up this post because I couldn't wait to try the newly-released Giorgio Armani nail lacquers and made at least 4 trips to the store in search of them.  (3 to my local Nordstrom- which apparently doesn't have a counter manager and hasn't bothered to find the lacquers in the back despite showing up in the store inventory online, and finally I was able to find it at Neiman Marcus.)

Giorgio Armani re-introduced nail lacquers to the beauty line within the past month.  As far as I know, the colors don't have a name but are referred to by their numbers.  I haven't tried anything from this line but have been wanting to for quite awhile.  I figured that, as a nail addict, these would be the perfect introduction to the brand.  If this is what the rest of the brand is like, I will be running as far away as possible.  I already had a bad taste in my mouth from trying to find these polishes, but the actual formula is among the worst I've ever tried.

If I wasn't afraid of wasting another $20, I'd try a creme rather than the metallic shade I selected to see if it behaved any better. #702 is a pearly metallic white with green tinge that can be built to opaque.  That's the good part. I find it different enough from other metallics I own to be unique in my collection.





This has the worst dry time of any polish I've ever tried.  3 hours after painting my nails, I was still gouging them.  I know it's not a problem with my application technique since I've never had an issue to this extent before.

My other complaint is the size of the bottle. It's a 6ml bottle. In contrast, Dior bottles are 10ml, Chanel are 13ml, and Butter London is 11ml. Price/ml wise, it's $3.33/ml; Dior $2.40; Chanel $2.08; Butter London $1.36. Three tries at a mani used up nearly half a bottle. The formula is not superior to Chanel or Dior, and it's far more expensive.  Consider me disappointed.

I had such high hopes for this brand, but it's very expensive in contrast to other high-end brands and the formula just won't behave.  This is a terrible first impression from a brand to me.  I wanted to love it, but I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.