Sunday, September 15, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips: Mightiest Maraschino

In today's look at the full collection of Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips, shade 03- Mightiest Maraschino. Whereas the two shades featured yesterday in this post are year-round beauties, this is one of the most summery of the collection.

First, the details:  Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips retail for $17 each, and are twist-up, non-sharpen lip products with 0.1 oz each.  They can be found at all major Clinique retailers.  This shade is opaque, and I get 2-3 hours of wear, then a pleasant stain on my lips after eating/drinking.



Mightiest Maraschino is a sunny, bright cherry red. It's what you think of when you think "red."  It's intense, and it's the type of red I would wear in the summer.  This is not a shade for the timid- it's one of the brightest, cheeriest reds I own.

You can't really tell from the stick.



But here it is swatched outside, in indirect light:



And inside with flash, to give a sense of the glossiness:



On the lips, no flash:



With flash:




Bottom Line:  I haven't worn this often because it's so bright, but anyone who loves a bright lip should check it out.  Looking at the photos of it on my lips, it made my face look much brighter, and it was extremely flattering. I won't hesitate to reach for it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.