Saturday, September 14, 2013

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips: Curviest Caramel & Chunkiest Chili

Although many of my products aren't brand new releases, I thought it worthwhile to revisit some favorites, especially in cases where I own an entire collection.  First up: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips.

In general, the reformulated Chubby Stick Intense products sit somewhere between a lip gloss and lipstick. Unlike the original Chubby Sticks, which were really tinted lip balms, these pack a pigmented punch.  They apply like a gloss but wear like lipstick. In general, I get several hours' wear out of these, and they make it through one round of food/drink.

There are eight shades in the Chubby Stick Intense for Lips line.  They are encased in a twist-up stick, and do not have a sharpener.  Clinique Chubby Sticks retail at $17, and contain 0.1 oz of product.

First up, shades 1 and 2: Curviest Caramel and Chunkiest Chili


Curviest Caramel is a beautiful nude that's unlike anything else in my collection.  I have highly pigmented lips, so most nudes give me that dreaded "foundation on the lips" look.  Curviest Caramel was bought partially because I fell in love with the formula, but once you have 6 out of 8 in a collection, why not get the rest?  I'm very happy that I picked this up.

Here's 01 Curviest Caramel swatched outside, in indirect sunlight:


Indoors, with flash you can finally see the gloss-like shine that all of the Chubby Stick Intenses have:






I think the pink tones in this nude make it wearable for me. It is opaque enough that it covers my lips. I don't normally go for nudes, but this is rather beautiful (in my opinion):

Swatched indoors, no flash:


And indoors, with flash:



Bottom Line:  Love! I recommend all of the shades in this line, and this is a nude that works well even on pigmented lips.


Clinique Chubby Stick Intense for Lips 02 Chunkiest Chili was both my first Chubby Stick purchase (which fueled my love of this line) and the one I reach for the most often.  Chunkiest Chili is a beautiful brick red that's an easy-going way to add red in an office-appropriate, low-key manner.





Swatched indoors, no flash:



And with flash, indoors:



Outside, in indirect sunlight:



Indoors on the lips, no flash:



Indoors on the lips, with flash:



Bottom Line: This is my favorite Chubby Stick, and it's in my bag more days than it's not.


I'll be featuring the other 6 shades in a series of posts over the next few days.  I hope you enjoy the look at this line as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.