Tuesday, July 19, 2016

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation

After giving you my thoughts about the brand-new L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow Foundation yesterday, it's time to talk about its cousin, L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation.



Let me preface this review by stating that I bought it at the same exact time that I picked up Pro Glow, so I had no idea that I liked Pro Glow- or that the color actually worked for my uber-pink skin. Again, chalk this up to "YouTube made me do it."

OK, here we go. L'Oreal's Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation retails between $11-15, depending on vendor. It was apparently released for Spring 2015 and quickly became a blogger (and vlogger) favorite. For that $11-15, you get 1.0oz of demi-matte foundation in the same squeeze tube that I fell in love with from the Pro Glow.



I'm a MAC NW15/Tom Ford 01 Cream/Bobbi Brown Alabaster and I purchased the lightest shade, 101 Classic Ivory.



Just for comparison's sake, here's Pro Matte 101 Classic Ivory swatched next to Pro Glow 201 Classic Ivory,



Now that we've covered the shade, let's talk formula. L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte touts up to a 24 Hour wear-time,with demi matte finish, air-light, and oil free.



One of the biggest differences between Pro-Matte and Pro Glow? No sunscreen in Pro-Matte. That said, let's look at the back of the tube:



For those whose eyes need a break....

"Lasting demi-matte finish. Never full, never flat.
Finish: Demi-matte
Wear Up to: 24 Hours
Coverage: Medium
Texture: Air-Light
Oil-Control."

It also suggests rolling it onto the skin; I chose to stipple with a sponge.

I really put L'Oreal Infallable Pro-Matte foundation through its paces. As I've been bemoaning, the average temperature has been somewhere near ridiculous, and stupid ridiculous with the humidity. Here are the compilation of two days of testing notes. In one case, I ran errands and discovered my car temp in the shade, with a breeze, totally covered at 95. So here we go....

Application: This is different than the Pro-Glow- it's thin but more of the typical foundation formula I'm used to dealing with from just about everyone. I stippled with a Real Techniques beauty sponge and was pleasantly surprised. I know that this is claiming to be medium coverage, but it's quite full.  And it's quite beautiful. Application was quick, easy, and looked pretty. I decided to give a quick T-Zone dusting with Chanel Les Beiges since it's so hot.

Hour 2: Still looking flawless. I can't stop looking at myself! No problems anywhere. Two thumbs up.

Hour 4: Still looking great.

Still working it at 4 hours


Hour 6: A bit of oil peaking through on errands day, but none on AC-only day. Coverage still on point.

Hour 8: A bit more oil on errands day, and the start of some oil on AC day- but no separation yet.

Hour 10: The start of minimal separation on my chin, which is uber oily while testing.

Hour 12: Testing Day 2 (Errands day)- Yep, seeing some wear in my trouble areas but I think pro products would've had the same issues. Upper 90s and high humidity do impact this just like anything else (it's really similar to the wear I get with MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof foundation that I reach for in the heat for longevity and coverage).

Not bad for 12 hours and 95 with humid- all for $11, right?



Hour 14: Testing Day 1 (Didn't leave the AC)- OK, time to take this off. There's still a lot of foundation left on my face, too! Some minor separation in my trouble areas (chin, near nostrils), but nothing a bit of touchups wouldn't fix. I'm really impressed!


I didn't take a photo at the end of the day because I was so tired- but I wanted to give this as long and as honest of a test as possible. It's official: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation tells me that drugstore lines have stepped up their game and it's earned its place in my stash.

If you asked me to choose between the two, it's Pro-Matte by a long run right now. Check back in the winter when I'm less oily!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.