Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday Dreaming: Drugstore Edition

I've been back into drugstore makeup a bit more as of late. I'm not sure if it's the creeping price points (Dear Mr. Louboutin, I'm not exactly happy with the aging of your $90 lipsticks. Mr. Ford, I've had multiple of your $60 lipsticks go rancid on me, too.) or a general sense of "I've already bought most of what I want from Sephora, but the idea of drugstore dupes has me interested. Throw in the 20% discount I have at Rite Aid from being a Gold member, and these are small splurges.



1. L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Lumi Concealer- Fair ($12.99)





I know most people are very familiar with this item, reportedly a Touche Eclat dupe, but I've yet to really explore it. At this price, I really want to try it. When I was at Rite Aid last night, every single shade was sold out. That's saying something!

2. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Nail Color- Leapin Lilac ($4.99)




I love this formula, and I can't resist a cool-toned purple. I side-eyed this at WalMart yesterday, where it's a dollar less (I actually nearly bought a different Sally Hansen polish that keeps calling my name!). This formula dries so fast.


3. Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color- Spark ($8.99)






Every single time I pass these in the drugstore or at Ulta, I stop and look. It's my aversion to matte lips and my general checkered history with drugstore lipsticks that has stopped me until now. Spark is a warm pink right in my lip wheelhouse, so it seems like a safe place to try.


4. Real Techniques Blush Brush ($8.99)


I've been watching a lot of YouTube lately and I've seen this brush in a number of videos. Looking at my massive brush collection, big, fluffy brushes is one category that I'm woefully deficient. At this price, it's worth the gamble.


5. Revlon Hand Mirror ($6.99)



OK, this is going to sound like #firstworldproblems. I adore my SimpleHuman mirror (which was a Christmas present for which I waited for years). It has made my makeup life so much better. Here's the problem: now I don't have a second mirror to check my hair. I've been using the mirror on my Tartelette in Bloom palette. I've seen a Chanel hand mirror floating around the internet, but I think this $6.99 Revlon version will do the job quite nicely and spare my wallet!


6. Physicians Formula Bronze Booster Glow-Boosting Season-to Season Bronzer ($14.99)





Look carefully at this. There's a reason why I shrunk this bronzer. I am incredibly curious to see if this is a drugstore dupe for my HG Guerlain bronzer at a fraction of the price!


7. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Nail Color- Jade Jump ($4.99)



I had this in my hands at Wal-Mart (a dollar cheaper than Ulta, which is what's linked) yesterday. It was one of two green Sally Hansen polishes I was eyeing. I'm not sure what's up with me and green since its so unwearable for me! Still, I have a feeling I'll pick this up soon!


8. Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini Brush Very Black Waterproof Mascara ($7.99)



The brush on this looks absolutely perfect for a lower lash mascara. The idea of a waterproof formula down there also is very attractive in the summer!


9. L'Oreal Colour Riche Pocket Palette- Boudoir Charm & Haute Hazel ($9.99 ea)

 



I know these are brand-new quads, and I fell in love with the color combos while browsing at Rite Aid. I'm not normally a huge L'Oreal eyeshadow fan in their regular formula, but these are just calling my name for some reason...

The crazy thing is that this is a totally doable haul, too. This is what's got my eye when I should be getting things like cough syrup, vitamins, and my prescriptions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.