Sunday, July 3, 2016

Recent Ulta & Drug Store Haul

I know that haul videos tend to be really popular, so I thought I'd share a recent rather large haul that I purchased. As usual, I took advantage of the Ulta Platinum coupon (I tend to get the 20% nearly unrestricted coupon- my only exclusions were Clinique, Lancome, series of treatments, brow treatments, and perfume. I know some people only get 10% on prestige; I get 20% but have been Platinum for years and usually re-qualify within the first 2-3 months of the year.).

One of my biggest splurges isn't pictured; I got my hair done at the Ulta salon again. If there's interest, I can do a future post on my thoughts on the Salon. I've been to three different locations over the past eight years and have had some great experiences, some ok experiences, and had a horrific experience. My total bill for the haul & hair was almost 75% of the year re-qualification. And yes, I almost died a bit when I put my debit card in the reader.

The Summer 2016 Ulta Platinum Haul:



  • Eylure Naturals #020 Eyelashes (3 pack): These are my current weekday go-to favorite lashes. They're subtle- similar to the impact of a really good mascara. That makes them perfect for my conservative office. I try to stock up when there's a sale since although they're reusable, I rarely get more than 1-2 wears per pair. Retail: $9.99, $7.99 with coupon.
  • Duo Eyelash Adhesive (0.25oz): My daily go-to and IMO the best lash adhesive. Now that I'm wearing lashes on a daily basis, I do go through this. Retail: $5.99, $4.79 with coupon.
  • Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Conditioner: This is my ride or die hair duo. I've flirted with others but always come back. I'm working my way through my current bottles so this is a "grab while on sale" purchase. Full disclosure: as soon as I took the photo, I dumped the conditioner into my 24oz pump bottle. Retail: $28 each, $22.40 with coupon.
  • Redken Extreme Anti-Snap Leave-In Treatment: This is part of my daily hair routine (actually, the first product that touches my clean hair) and has really helped with strength. I'm about 85% done with my current bottle, so this is a stock-up purchase. I like to keep a backup bottle around, but haven't been as of late. Retail: $18, $14.40 with coupon.
  • Ulta Dual Tipped Cotton Applicators (75 ct): I love these for false eyelash application, cleanup, and everything else. Retail:$1.99, $1.59 with coupon.
  • Benefit Pretty Pleasers & Ka-Brow GWP
  • Benefit 3D Browtones- Shade 4: I needed to get some darker products now that my hair went back to a rich, deep brown (vs my natural dirty blonde). I plan to do a larger post about Benefit's new brow products (I now own Ka Brow in 2 shades, 3D Browtones, and have a GWP sized pencil). I had a really negative experience today that's really making me feel poorly about these products but I'll re-evaluate tomorrow. Retail: $24, $19.20 with coupon.
  • Benefit Ka-Brow!-Shade 3: I'm going to tip my hand and admit that I fell in love with this product at the Sephora VIB Rouge preview. I purchased Shade 1 (my natural shade), so I needed to go darker. Full review to come. Retail: $24, $19.20 with coupon.
  • Urban Decay 24/7 Glide- on Lip Pencil- Cruz: Another planned post- I've gone from skipping the launch to 2 liners and 3 lipsticks so far (Dear MAC, it's the $0.50 price increase that's coming that's done it.). I see these as my new guilt-free lip line to play with. Cruz is the perfect compliment for ZZ, a shade I already own. Retail: $20, $16 with coupon.
  • Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured-Moonstone: This item makes me so happy to get the full 20%. For those wondering, I own a mini pan of pressed Moonstone in the Afterglow palette, but the only pan of Poured that I own is a mini Opal- and I've been wearing the heck out of it lately. Looking forward to playing with my first full-sized Poured highlighter from Becca! Truthfully, I would've picked up the full pan of pressed Moonstone had the Ulta had it in stock. Retail: $38, $30.41 with coupon



One would think that I was done for the day, but no. I had to go to Rite Aid to get a prescription and a couple of other odds and ends so this mini haul happened. I have to admit to being partial to Rite Aid since I'm a Gold Plenti/Rewards + member and therefore get 20% off. I'm also a huge fan of Plenti- I love to use my points for purses or makeup!



  • Aveno Stress Relief Foaming Bath: This is my favorite budget bath product by far. No, I don't normally buy in bulk- evidence of a Plenti offer. I've tried a variety of lavender/chamomile bubble baths up to L'Occitane's and find that the Aveno offers the best balance between bubbles, skin soothing, longevity, and price.
  • Aveno Gentle Scent Body Wash: After I depleted the entire stock of foaming bath, I needed another product to add to the offer. This smells yummy- lots of coconut. I feel like it'll be perfect for summer- soothing random bug bites (I get bitten just walking to/from my car!) and keeping my sensitive skin happy.
  • Essie Gel Couture Set- Zip Me Up/Top Coat- Watch for a post on this line. It's available in selected Rite Aids- and if you see this set, pounce. If you're a Gold member, the polishes work out to less than retail for the regular line! I fell for the shimmer in the mint, even though it's not really work-friendly.
  • Essie Gel Couture Style in Excess- If there's a purple polish, I need it.
  • Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer 580 Pink Amethyst- I don't like gloss. I really don't like drugstore gloss. But I circled this beauty about 10 times in the store before finally giving in. It's a new, seasonal color- and I'm in love with it. I can't wait to test it out.
  • Essie Nail Polish in 558 Come Here! and 584 Tart Deco- I actually picked these up at Walgreens, since they sell Essie for a cool $5.99 normally! Come Here! is supposedly a Walgreens exclusive.

Phew- that was some haul, right? I'm looking forward to playing with my goodies!  Did anyone else get something fun recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.