Friday, July 15, 2016

My #NSale 2016 Selections- Round 1

If you follow any blogs, you're seeing your feeds clogged with chatter about the famous Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, or #NSale in social media this year. For the non-initiated, once a year Nordstrom offers this awesome sale. Here's the twist: it's new fall-winter items and prices go up after the sale is over.

One of the perks of being a cardholder (which includes a Debit option) is Early Access. I don't have many store cards, but I keep a Nordstrom card for the rewards like Notes, alteration, and Early Access.  This year I had the pleasure of a pre-opening appointment, so I could roam the store with my sales associate. I also could send her items to pull ahead of time. Some years, it's all about beauty for me. This year, I hit the clothing far more since I was working with a clothing SA. I expect to probably have additional purchases but these were the "can't miss" items.

The star of my purchases (and the item I'm the most bummed to have to wait to try on) is this Halogen Removable Collar Lace Bodice Fit & Flare Dress ($81.90 Plus, around $78 for 0-16 but I can't find it online). It's exactly the type of piece I look for at Nordstrom- it's something different than the plethora of straight sheaths and A-lines. The materials are awesome- charcoal grey skirt, blush and black lace overlay, and removable white cotton collar. This is a rockstar.


I (hopefully) nabbed one of the last 2 Halogen Belted Short Sleeve Shirts in the black print  ($49.90 Misses, Petites/$58.90 Plus) in my size. I'm seriously considering the blush version, and wish the teal was also made in Plus!



This is my typical type of purchase- a total workhorse that pairs well with a suit- and also with boyfriend jeans and cozy sweater (I tried that combo). This is the Sejour Cap Sleeve Blouse ($52.90) in Ivory-Burgundy Print.



I can't believe I bought this next item; it was the product of browsing one of my favorite non-beauty forums. All of the users were raving about items from Barefoot Dreams, especially the Open Front Cacoon cardigan. On a whim, I asked my SA to pull it for me. Luckily my store actually didn't have the plus version ($78.90), so my SA pulled the misses' version ($76.90) in a L/XL in Graphite. Shockingly, it fit! I tried a different Barefoot Dreams cardi in both 1X and 2X, noting that the 1X is only a little larger than the L/XL, but the 2X is very, very large. The slightly slimmer L/XL elevates this cozy cutie from laid back to something I wear with dress pants to work in the winter!


I had enough Notes to cover either it or the dress, so it was totally justified in my mind.

I kept jewelry simple- just two pairs of Kate Spade Small Square Studs ($20.90) in black and navy.


One of the most underrated sale sections are the home goodies. I picked up the first of what will probably be 3-5 Kennebunk throws. I absolutely adore these, and they're perfect in so many ways- yummy and warm and cozy, washable, affordable, and they make the best hostess gifts. I picked up the "Bliss" throw in Blush ($25.90) for now, but I have a small list to pick up later.


And finally, my sole beauty purchase (honestly, I'm not really feeling most of the exclusives this year. Last year there were Guerlain Meteorites, the year before the Chanel highlighter with lace overspray....): the MAC C'est Chic Palette ($65). OMG.



It's All. MATTE. And it's rosy nudes. Essentially it's incredible! I can't wait to really explore it later.


That said, these are the items that I'm still thinking about:


I really almost bought the Drybar Beach in a Box Kit ($140) but I'd honestly spent enough for one day, and the sale goes on until early August. I don't anticipate this kit selling out like some of the other items I bought (many were down under 20 pieces nationally!)



I'm going to tip my hand a bit, but I finally started using a BeautyBlender. This is still a summer-only thing for me, though. There's a Beautyblender Beauty's Best Friend Set ($35) for offer in the sale. That's a good price- it's the Solid BlenderCleanser that's causing me a bit of pause.

Another upcoming review... I'm going to get myself some version of a Foreo Luna. Nordstrom has two versions in the sale that I'm debating- the Luna Mini ($74) and the Luna Sensitive ($126). Stay tuned for my review- and my ultimate choice!




MAC always offers special kits and sets for the #NSale- these Look in a Box kits are really tempting at $39.50 each!

I nearly bought the Laura Mercier Flawless Icons Palette ($65), but passed. It's a great, travel-friendly palette... it's just so similar to what I already own. I highly recommend the highlighter and bronzer included in this set.



If you're in the market for a new hair dryer, I highly recommend the T3. This Featherweight 2 is so pretty with rose gold accents, and if I didn't already own one I would've gotten this one. $139 is a fabulous price for a T3 dryer, and this would make an incredible present.




Finally, I've been eyeing this next item and am seriously considering making it my next "save up a lot of Ulta rewards" item. The Sarahpotempa Beachwaver Pro ($139) is a motorized curling iron meant to create the perfect beach hair. Have any of you tried this?



I have other items that have caught my eye, but I'll stop for now. What have you picked up during #NSale Early Access?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.