Monday, June 23, 2014

NARS Niagara Lipstick

I'm honestly shocked that I discovered these photos plus placeholder text in my drafts folder because NARS lipstick in Niagara ($26, 0.12oz) is such a lovely shade that I would've figured that I'd have posted about it by now.




NARS Niagara is described as "satin pinkish coral" by Sephora. I agree.  Niagara is the color that I think of when I think "grownup, work-appropriate coral." It has a lovely satin finish that borders on a matte.


NARS Niagara is one of those lovely shades that I believe to be universally flattering. In other words, it's like many of the shades in NARS' lipstick range.



To really appreciate this shade, let me show you some swatches first.

Outside, without flash:



Outside, with flash:



Inside, without flash:




Inside with flash:


Sadly, I didn't swatch this on my lips so I can't demonstrate the struggles I have with this shade. I bought it without trying in person (I actually seem to recall being enabled by Beauty Talk). This shade, like other softer lipsticks, gets lost on my highly pigmented lips. With the right base, this is a go-to for me.  I find NARS' lipsticks to be right in the middle in terms of moisture- not hydrating, but not drying. They generally wear for 4-5 hours before gracefully fading for me. NARS' satin formula leans more towards matte than glossy.

I think that Niagara is a classic shade, and I've actually purchased it for others as a gift. It just requires a bit more prep work to show up on pigmented lips.  Overall, it's a A+ color but C- execution without serious work.  If your lips usually handle lighter shades, I highly encourage you to check this shade out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.