Thursday, March 17, 2016

It's Not Easy Being Green: Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Neutralizer

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I'm going to be bringing you a few of these green-themed posts today. First up, the most expensive per swipe green color corrector that I tried during my crazy testing: the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Neutralizer ($38, 0.08oz).





Price Index: $475/oz

First, it's not fair to compare this to most of the other items. Anyone familiar with YSL's famous Touche Eclat will understand what I'm saying. This has the same type of brush applicator as the non-color correcting items. With that comes a very thin formula.



Color-wise, this is a light mint with a distinct white base. It swatches more opaque than it wears:


It's one of the lightest in tone, which makes it perfect for my NW15 skin. However, it's a very light, emolient formula- like most products dispensed in a click pen.

The Wear Test: I knew as soon as I started playing with it that I wouldn't be maximizing this product's potential because of my needs for a heavy-duty redness reducer. I felt incredibly wasteful trying to cover as much of my skin as I needed to with such an expensive item. I was also indecisive- does one brush and blend with the applicator? Or brush, then blend with fingers? Or another brush?  I tried different techniques without a lot of great success.

I couldn't photograph it well because it was THAT thin.

One of the best parts of this one is that it didn't give my skin an overall green tint when blended, but I also questioned if I was blending it away. I was really disappointed with it for my purposes- it was way too sheer. However, I knew this going in with my Touche Eclat experiences in the past. Because I felt like it blended out so much to be effective for my needs, I hesitate to be too critical.

Bottom Line: This is by far and away the most expensive product per ounce. It's no wonder that it's meant for spot correcting rather than heavy-duty or large-area correction (my needs). I'll be looking at the other Neutralizers for spot correcting since the formula feels awesome- but I won't be repurchasing this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.