Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Knepp Sweet Dreams Herbal Bath



Today I move away from the more traditional beauty-centric posts that I've done and into more of a holistic view of beauty.

I believe that the foundation of any skincare rounding are twin pillars: Sleep and Water. You could use the most expensive cream on Earth but won't have optimal results unless you're properly hydrated and getting your sleep.

Like anyone else with a stressful career, I struggle to get enough sleep during the week. Periodically, I make some lifestyle tweaks; some have been so successful that I can't wait to share them with you. My alarm rings between 4-4:30 every morning; getting as much sleep during the week is hard. Sometimes you just need a little help relaxing. I've been using a new-to-me hero product the past month or so and it has made an incredible difference in my life.

Knepp is a German company that produces high quality natural products. Although I was already a fan of the company's concentrated lavender bath oil, the Sweet Dreams Herbal Bath was a new discovery in late January. I can't remember where I first heard about it with its combo of Valerian and Hops, but I'm so glad that I did.



Each bath only requires one cap's worth of the blue liquid; it produces a Caribbean-blue water bath without bubbles. There's a pleasant but very earthy herbal scent due to the Hops. Per the bottle's directions, soak for 10-20 minutes in warm water and you'll be nice and relaxed- and headed to a great night's sleep. Per the bottle, expect to get around 10 baths per bottle (I'm going to get more).

If an idea of a nice, warm bath sounds like a good idea but you're a night showerer, let me share how I've incorporated it on nights that I wash my hair:

1. Pre-stage everything for the morning (make makeup decisions, pull products, pull clothes)
2. Remove makeup; cleanse face
3. Put on a rinse-off treatment mask
4. Draw bath
5. Soak
6. When bath has gone cold, shower quickly as water is draining (if you're un-fancy like me and have a combined tub/shower- the bath allows your hot water tank to refill). Wash hair, rinse off mask, etc.
7. Apply lotion, hair products, and skincare routine
8. Dry hair and put it up
9. Good Night!

It's my own little spa- my hair's starting to dry as I'm doing my nighttime skincare routine so drying time is much shorter. My skin's never looked better between the added sleep and the regular pampering time.

It's a reasonably-priced product; I picked mine up from Amazon. This is one product that I'll be keeping on hand- and gifting to friends who look like they could use a night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.