Tuesday, March 1, 2016

February 2016 Favorites and Empties

I'm much more on top of things when it comes to favorites/empties this month. There's a simple explanation for that: I wrote this post throughout February and updated as I noticed I was reaching for items over and over- or finished products. All I had to do at the end of the month was update, photograph, and be done.

First, my favorites. I've linked reviews when they exist.

Face:



I stumbled onto an easy combo this month that I wore most days. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation is by far the best CCO purchase I've ever made. Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Concealer in Bavarian Cream has actually surpassed my love for NARS Creamy Concealer for undereye brightening. It's less than half the price! I also rediscovered how awesome MAC Pro Longwear Concealer is.



In terms of blush, I got lazy. Although I tried a number of blushes for the blog this month, on days when I wasn't actively testing I had a couple of go-tos. MAC x Ellie Goulding I'll Catch My Breath makes its second consecutive appearance here and is my workhorse for warmer makeup days. Is there any wonder why I have 2 backups squirreled away? I also fell in love with MAC Pink Swoon for the days when I wanted a cooler makeup look. NARS Impassioned also stole my heart.



I'm a highlighter addict. A year ago, I didn't consider highlighter necessary for daily makeup. Now I feel naked without it.  MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel and Chanel Perles et Fantaisies were in heavy rotation this month. I also cannot be without my two Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight Light and Lit Travel Pens- Moonstone and Pearl. I'm on the hunt for a way to DIY these once these pens are finished. They're perfect for tiny, finishing work- especially in the larger eye area (note: don't put these on your eye, but they're perfect for just under the brow or to illuminate the inner eye area). Diorkin Nude Air Glowing Gardens Highlighter in Glowing Pink also made it into my top list of highlighters. Yes, lots of pink and white.


Eyes:



My hands were literally forced on this first one. Since Burberry discontinued my beloved Trench, I've been looking for a suitable replacement for when I finish my 6 backups. MAC Eyeshadow in Grain is just that. Now, I hope that they don't discontinue it. I played around with a few distinct looks this month. First, the warm, bronzy favorites. MAC x Ellie Goulding Halycon Nights makes another appearance, but this time paired with MAC Foiled Eyeshadow in Enchanted Forest. Those pair with Sephora Collection Wink-It Liquid Liners.



I also became smitten with NARS Hammamet duo after an auspicious start and it became my go-to neutral eye, alternated with Charlotte Tilbury The Uptown Girl Luxury Palette. Lastly, MAC eyeshadow x 9 in Flamingo Park was my go-to for a springy, pastel eye, alternated with Chanel Tisse Rhapsodie and Marc Jacobs Highliner in (Luna)tic.

Lips:



I'd originally planned to review this on the blog, but Tatcha Lipstick in Sunrise: A Plum Blossom arrived just as it sold out on the website. It's amazing. Given my hesitancy to review sold out products, I shelved that review. Christian Louboutin Bikini remains one of my favorites (I promise a full review later), along with MAC Petite Indulgence and MAC Speed Dial. MAC Hot Tahiti also snuck back into my lip rotation for those darker lip days this month. MAC Huggable Glass in Mega Hug also crept into my makeup bag more than 25% of this month. Lastly, I carried around and tried out Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo Script. It's a lovely neutral.


Nails:



No surprise here, but Chanel Longwear Vernis in Ballerina takes top billing here, along with Chanel Le Gel Coat and Chanel Longwear Vernis in Rouge Essentiel. Although I haven't featured it on the blog, Essie Madison Ave-hue was another favorite along with Lancome Ciel de Parisien.



Yes, I had a lot of favorites, but I also love showing products that I haven't gotten to review on the blog to you if they're truly in my rotation.

Now, onto the empties.

Body Products:


First, I finished that bit of shower gel visible before the end of the month!  Here we have Bath and Body Works Body Lotion & Shower Gel in Cozy Sunday Morning, Bath and Body Works Shower Gel in Fresh Sparkling Snow, and my absolute winter staple, the mega-sized refill of L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil. No surprises here.

Hair Care:



Pretty mild this month- just lots of Living Proof. Living Proof Restore Shampoo & Conditioner are staples in my routine (I've upgraded to the large size of the conditioner and will do so with the shampoo once I run out). I also like to boost my hair in the winter with Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment.

Skincare:



I've been cleansing a lot lately! Philosophy Purity Cleansing Wipes are something I keep around a lot. Shiseido Eye & Lip Makeup Remover was a new-to-me product that I got in a GWP. I have multiple backups of Simple Micilier Water in my backup drawer. This is the first Ole Henrichsen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser that I've finished- it took almost a year. A GWP-sized Shisiedo Benefiance Creamy Cleanser also was finished up- something I've finished over and over. I also finished my second Tatcha Cleansing Oil.


The cleansing continued with Chanel Mousse Douceur cleanser. That's my second one that I've finished in less than 12 months. I also finished another Shiseido Facial Cotton and 2 packages of cotton rounds.



Some skincare here. I tried 2 GWP-sized Guerlain Blanc de Perle toners. I really liked them, but admittedly the price point is a little high for my tastes. There were also 2 facial oil samples here. I finally finished my Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Cream- I've been using it as a treatment. I'm going to give it a month to see if I miss it.

Makeup:


Wow, a productive month this time!  I finished MAC Haute and Naughty Lash Mascara, which I raved about already. I also finished my first Sephora Collection Wink-It Liquid Eyeliner in Little Black Dress- a must-have in my opinion. I also finished my second Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Perle de Lune- I keep praying it'll come back permanently.



The empty products keep coming. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment, an Almay gloss, Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons Bronzer in 00 Nude,  and Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer- my new fave.



That's just insane for me! This was in about a year's time.


What did you love this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.