Monday, March 7, 2016

MAC Monday: MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation

Today's MAC Monday will be rather brief and doesn't even start to explain how much I happen to love this product.



MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation (0.84oz, $33) is a long-wearing, marathon-wearing foundation released in 2015.

I'll readily admit; I stumbled onto it at a local CCO outlet, but now that I've tried it, I'll gladly spend full price on it in the future.

Here's a look at the ingredients:



According to MAC, this is supposed to have a 24 (!) hour wear time, and can double as either a foundation or concealer. I certainly can't speak to a 24 hour wear time, but I know that it's usually still rocking after 16 hours (a normal makeup day for me).  I believe that it would make a great concealer- just because it's a full-coverage foundation.



Where this foundation is genius is twofold. First, the easy full coverage. It takes just a little drop from the squeeze bottle to cover my entire face. I can't speak to MAC foundation brushes since I'm hooked on my Tom Ford Cream Foundation Brush. But this blends impeccably for full coverage. Secondly, this formula wears like iron. I've sweated up a storm in it without the foundation budging one bit. It also holds up perfectly to heat and humidity- key if you're in a warm climate. In short, this foundation does it all- it leaps buildings in a single bound.

I'm going to cheat just a little bit because I don't have any new formulas to compare the shade to. This photo originally appeared in the Bobbi Brown Serum Foundation post. MAC Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation is the second from the right. I think you'll see why it and Chanel Perfection Luminere Velvet are the most heavily used in my rotation, shade-wise.


Here's a close-up of the NW15 shade:


Bottom Line: This is currently my overall full-coverage foundation, due in large part to the flawless formula and the price. If you're looking for a great foundation that as of yet hasn't bothered my highly sensitive skin- don't pass this gem by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.