Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dr. Jackson's Coconut Melt

I've been testing two different coconut oil products since March.  Here's my prior review of the rms beauty offering; today I'm finally ready to talk about Dr. Jackson's Coconut Melt.



I purchased Dr. Jackson's Coconut Melt directly from Net-a-Porter ($15/15ml).  That makes it more expensive than the rms beauty product per ounce.

While it's imported, this is certainly very pricey coconut oil.






I was intrigued by the texture of this coconut oil:



Although this is supposed to be ultra high-end coconut oil, it did about the same if not worse than the rms beauty version. I just can't see spending the extra money to get a designer brand when others are far more cost effective. The odd texture did melt away with body heat, but I'm still not sure what caused it- or if I want that on my skin.

Overall, yes, coconut oil is great for the skin. If you're looking for a tiny, travel-friendly container, this could be acceptable. I just have problems spending the extra money for the cute container. The rms beauty version is expensive as it is; the Dr. Jackson's version seems excessive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.