Saturday, March 29, 2014

rms beauty Raw Coconut Cream

I realize that I'm a bit behind on the coconut oil trend, but it was recently recommended to me by a top-notch manicurist to tackle some odd callouses that I have on the sides of my fingers near the nail beds.  I actually purchased two different coconut oil products so that I could do a great comparison.  I'm still testing both of these in the long-term, but I've been using this one for a couple of weeks now and feel comfortable writing about it.

First up: rms beauty Raw Coconut Cream


I specifically chose this brand because it's high-quality, vegan coconut oil extracted with centrifuges (instead of heat). This is far different than the stuff you can buy at the grocery store.  I'm honestly not a natural beauty products person, but after spending some time on the rms beauty website, I'm mulling a future purchase or two (like this or this or this).  You can read about their brand philosophy here.



I purchased the 2.5oz tub ($18).  It comes in a frosted glass container.  It's weighty and a nice size for on my bedside table- which is where it has been living.  One of the keys for using any coconut oil product is maintaining a constant temperature.  Coconut oil will liquify upon contact with your skin or higher temperatures. If your coconut oil liquifies, put it in the refrigerator for a bit.



You can apparently use coconut oil as a moisturizer, cleanser, or any number of uses. I've been trying to heal some odd callouses and other imperfections on my hands.  I've also been using it on a patch of rough skin near my shoulder.  I haven't tried it on my face as a cleanser or a moisturizer because my skin is pretty happy at the moment and I'm afraid of upsetting it.

I'm very impressed with the results I've seen so far.  Callouses and odd skin imperfections I've had for years on my hands are significantly diminished. For that reason alone, I will continue to use this.  I believe this tub will last me for a long, long time.

rms beauty products are available via the brand's websiteDermstore, and Net-a-Porter.

I have another coconut oil product to test, which you'll see sometime next month on this site. I don't believe in skincare reviews without sufficient testing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.