Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush- Dim Infusion

First, I'd like to give a giant apology. I hit the blogger limits over the weekend, so I couldn't work on anything but the NOTD posts that I'd queued. I think I've figured a way around that for the future, but it kept me from posting yesterday.

Today I bring you the final Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush that I purchased now that it's back in stock- Dim Infusion.  My prior reviews for Ethereal Glow, Diffused Heat, Mood Exposure, and Luminous Flush detail my love for the formula and consistently great experiences.



Since I've reviewed 4 other shades, I'll spare you the details that don't vary between the shades.  Dim Infusion is a "subdued coral blush with Dim Light" but really reads peachy on my very pale, pinkish skin. I'd call it in the same family as NARS Orgasm or the (soon-to-be-reviewed) Shiseido Face Trio in OR1.






I ordered mine online, so I didn't get to inspect the blush before it arrived. Although Hourglass has repeatedly said that these are ultimately 50/50 blush/powder, mine shows significantly more powder at the surface right now.  I don't mind, to be honest.



Here's another great shot, in the direct sun:



I originally passed on this shade because it swatched way too orange on me for the middle winter. Now that it's summer, it's perfect.  Even though I'm not self-tanning like I should be, I've been supplementing my base with something slightly darker for a tanned look.

Outside, no flash:


Inside, with flash:





Outside, in direct sun:




Although I've mentioned that these are pricey in the past ($35, 0.15oz), I think the subtle look that these blushes give is worth it. Out of all of them, I find Dim Infusion to be the most potentially dupeable. If you don't have a similar shade, I highly recommend it. If you do, I'd recommend one of the really unique shades like Mood Exposure instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.