Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush- Luminous Flush

After successful experiences with Ethereal Glow and Diffused Heat, I went back for thirds with Hourglass' new Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush.  Like Diffused Heat, this isn't a shade that I would normally gravitate towards, but I was willing to go out on a limb.



My other posts have already touched on the price, sizing, and packaging of the line; please see previous reviews for that information.

According to Hourglass's website, Luminous Flush is "a champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer."  I find it to look bold in the pan, and just as bold if swatched with anything but a light hand.






I used a MAC 130SE for my swatches in order to best demonstrate the color payoff.

Outside, no flash:





Outside, with flash:





Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash:





I found that Luminous Flush was an aptly named shade.  It certainly added a flush to my cheeks.  If I used a light hand and blended well, it turned into a perfect replica of my natural flush.  In that way, it's perfect for spring and part of the perfect, refreshed spring look.  It's difficult to explain, but when wearing this blush I looked vital and alive.

This shade is tricky in that it requires a very light hand to get the true effect.  A quick swatch on the hand with your finger won't do the shade justice. Neither will anything but a fluffy blush brush.  However, if you enjoy rose-toned blushes, I'd recommend checking this out.

A champagne rose blush fused with Luminous Light to evoke a candlelit glimmer. - See more at: http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/ambient-lighting-blush/#sthash.6ys8zT2b.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.