Saturday, August 26, 2017

A New Start, and Some Perspective

Hi, friends!

It's been a chaotic month or so since I last actually wrote a post (I had a number of posts to fill some of the time) and I finally purchased a laptop yesterday.

It's not another MacBook Pro; I purchased an inexpensive laptop from Best Buy so there's a lot of learning to do. I haven't used a PC laptop since 2009 (my work uses desktop PCs, but the keyboard just doesn't feel the same). I now know I'm addicted to having a computer because of the peace I felt when I picked this up.

Coincidentally, I'm happy to give a review of the laptop once I settle in. It's this Lenovo that's currently on sale at Best Buy for  $199.99. Why this one, and why now? Money.

I want to really trick out my next Mac, so that's easily in the realm of $2000. While I save, it's important to also have a computer. Plus, I can more easily telework now that I have a PC and can edit Office documents without converting to/from a Mac. The 4GB RAM stinks but that's what my MacBook Pro had. I'll live.

I got some good perspective while I was on break- I'm on somewhat of a lower buy as I re-assess my spending at the moment. I'd gotten sucked into the purchasing of new releases again, so it's good to check that urge. Ironically, I have a feeling that I'll post some hauls first because they're easier at the moment.

I lost the photos I previously shot, so forgive me that some posts may not feature pristine products. It's also going to take me quite awhile to get a buffer again.

I'll also hopefully be able to share some updated nail polish storage with you after a disaster during my absence. Crossing my fingers that the item arrives properly on Wednesday and that I can put it together next weekend.

I won't be daily blogging again for awhile, but that's ok. I'm just glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.