Thursday, August 3, 2017

NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer



After having settled into a concealer rhythm (OK, maybe a rut. But it worked.), I've found myself exploring concealers again. I'm reminded why I cling to my HGs so tightly- there are good, bad, and ugly concealers out there. I won't spoiler this review.

Today we're talking about the NYX HD Studio Photogenic Concealer. At $4.99, it's one of the cheapest concealers I've tried in awhile, and with its 23 shades, has one of the better shade ranges. After checking Ulta's website and discovering that my preferred shade was out of stock, I headed out to one of my local NYX Stores to find it. It's not a new release, but it's new to me.

One small caveat: I have a couple of the color correcting shades. But I've never tried the skin toned versions.



I tested Shade 00 Alabaster- the lightest of the range. According to NYX's website, this is "alabaster with neutral undertones".


With regards to the applicator, it's the normal doe foot.


I have to admit that even Shade 00 was a slight bit dark on me.


However, I think it is doable. Let's go to the eye shots so I can show you how I worked a slightly too-dark shade. First shade is unblended, second is blended out.




I'm getting all real up in here- look at those naked lashes and natural brows!

Yes, it's a bit dark but it's workable. I do like to blend in a bit of Shape Tape when I'm not testing this on its own to lighten it up.

Let's talk wear time, creasing, and overall impressions.

I love this concealer. I love it enough that I wish there was a lighter shade! It requires a bit of finessing under my eye to really cover everything, but it's perfect for a natural day. It lasts all day, and doesn't crease on me. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Bottom Line: This is a drugstore gem, and now I understand why it's so widely stocked. I recommend finding a shade that matches you and enjoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.