Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Maybelline's Bringing the Metallic Back: Master Precise Ink Metallic for Summer 2017



Along with their multitude of metallic releases, Maybelline quietly launched a new liner formula- Master Precise Ink Metallic.

I started out with 540 Violet to test the formula and applicator. Normally I'd purchase at least two shades in a line to test but given my worries about the applicator... I wanted to wait.

Because the writing on it is metallic, it was hard to photograph!


Here's the good/bad news (depending on your perspective): It's a brush applicator.



For me, it's a deal breaker. I'm glad I didn't purchase more than one.

Here's a swatch:


I love the shade, and think it would be awesome for someone that could actually work with a brush tip applicator.

I tried a graphic look with it. I don't think I like this look, but hey... I'm trying.




FYI, I used Sephora tape on my eye to form the shape. See what I mean about the shade? It's lovely.

I tested this for about eight hours and it remained the same level of metallic and beautiful the whole time. A+ on the formula. If you can handle the applicator, you'll probably adore this new liner.

Bottom Line: I really need to get with it when it comes to brush applicators, because this really made my eyes pop. it's a really cool new offering and I'll keep playing with it. I highly recommend picking one of these up (I found mine cheapest at Walmart) at your local retailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.