Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Dose of Colors Lip Gloss in Bellini


Today I have something different from a brand that I'm enjoying getting to know, Dose of Colors. I haven't yet gotten enough nerve to try their liquid lipsticks, and it's too hot to have regular lipstick shipped.

So, we're going to try the brand's Lip Gloss formula. These retail for $15 each and contain 0.16oz/3.5g of formula. They're also cruelty free, gluten free, paraben free, and vegan.


I purchased mine through Ulta, which offers 11 shades on their website. I finally settled on Bellini, a peachy shade. If you'd like to see the lip swatches I used to make a decision on the shade, click here. There are some bold and beautiful shades, but remember that I work in a conservative office environment.




Here's what Bellini looks like. This is a nice component and looks sleek.  At first glance, I'm getting NARS Orgasm vibes here.



Let's take a look at the wand, since that's one of the key things I look for in a lip gloss:


It's a flat doe foot. I don't get the most precise application, but it gets the job done nicely.


Before I show the swatches, let's go back to the actual shade description. On Ulta.com, Bellini is described as "peach nectar with flecks of gold." Got it.


That looks about right- the flecks don't really translate on the swatch, but they did make my lips shine.


I purposely didn't line so that you could see the pigmentation on my lips. It's impressive for a gloss!

This isn't an overly sticky gloss, and it held up about 4 hours, and mostly through a light drink of water. Aside from that, you'll need to touch up.

Bottom Line: I'm really impressed with this formula. Bellini is a beachy shade that's perfect for a vacation. Now, I just need somewhere warm to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.