Friday, August 4, 2017

Anastasia Beverly Hills Metallic Luster Liners & Darkside Waterproof Gel Liner



Today I'm happy to share with you one of the best discoveries I've made in the past few months. I use these products almost daily- so I'm well overdue to share these.

Anastasia Beverly Hills has three eyeliners in the permanent lineup. Let's start with my favorite lower waterline shades these days: the Metallic Luster Liners ($18), which contain 1.2g/0.04oz of product each.

There are two shades- Liquid Gold and Liquid Silver.




These are just your standard creamy liners. Let's check out what ABH's website has to say about these pencils:

"A creamy, waterproof metallic eyeliner pencil that glides on effortlessly. Swipe Anastasia Beverly Hills Metallic Luster Liner over lash lines to create the look of liquid metal. 

Can be used to highlight inner eye corners and the Cupid's bow
Won’t crease, fade, or flake
Available in 2 shades"


Let's start out by talking about Liquid Gold. I use this almost daily with any warm looks. It's a lovely change from nude liners to brighten the eye and adds a touch of glamour to any eye look. I find it's the perfect accent, and it lasts all day in my waterline.




Liquid Silver, the other shade, is likewise used in any cool-toned looks. It illuminates and brightens my waterline. It also lasts all day- these are truly creamy and pigmented dreams.



Overall, these are a staple in my drawer. (I'll swatch down below). I will continue to repurchase over and over. The only downside I see is price: due to the creamy formula, you can go through these relatively quickly.

Next, let's move to the Darkside. ($18)

The Darkside Waterproof Eyeliner is a waterproof gel liner that has a near-daily presence on my upper waterline. It doesn't smudge or transfer. I used to be partial to the Hourglass liners, but this one has stolen my heart.



It looks like your average waterproof liner:




Honestly, it's the performance that I adore. This is one of the best liners that I've tried, and it's displaced both the Hourglass and my Chanel Style Yeux Waterproof liners for waterline work.


These swatches don't do these justice. Ignore Darkside and focus on the metallic liners in this studio lighting shot:



Darkside is a little closer to reality here. It's awesome.



Bottom Line: These live in my everyday makeup drawer for a reason. I haven't heard much about these, hence why I wanted to highlight them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.