Saturday, August 5, 2017

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick & 24/7 Glide-On Lipliner in Weirdo


I've preached it in the past, so I'm going to live it now.

Although I love chasing the latest and the greatest like everyone else, it's nice to just discover items in a line's permanent collection. Even though I have a pile of new releases to review, I'd like to introduce you to my new lip obsession.

Every time I've wanted a peachy nude over the past few weeks, I've been reaching for Urban Decay's Vice lipstick ($17) and 24/7 Glide-On Liner ($20) in Wierdo. This shade launched with the 100+ shades in Urban Decay's current lip lineup last summer.

According to Sephora, Weirdo is a "pale baby pink" in the cream formula. On my pigmented lips, I'd call it a peachy nude,


Let's talk about the Vice lipstick formula for a minute. As I mentioned, each of these retail for $17. There are a number of formulas (cream, matte, mega matte, metallic, sheer, etc). Wierdo is a cream.

I went for an extended time without wearing any of my Vice lipsticks but the Naked Heat palette made me realize just how lovely they are.



Vice lipsticks come in a two-toned bullet, with the gold end being the handle. OK, let's look at Wierdo specifically. I was looking for a nude when I wandered past the Urban Decay display.


This photo shows the pale pink a little more- but it's peach on the lips.


Let's swatch this in studio lights:



I also purchased the matching 24/7 Glide-On Lipliner, which retails for $20. Honestly, Urban Decay produces one of my favorite lipliners. It's just the price of collecting them all that reigns me in.

I feel like Urban Decay fairly recently redid their package to this black box. It's sleek, with the liner shade depicted on the outside.

Let's get into the liner:



Here's what the liner looks like alone on my lips:



Here's a swatch of both under studio/photography lighting:




Here's a swatch of both in ambient lighting (super dark):


Finally, a shot in studio lighting of the two products layered that's true to what the eye really sees:


Such a lovely shade!

These, like any cream, aren't the world's longest wearing formula. I like to reapply every time I eat; you don't need to do so more often than that. I haven't seen much buzz about this shade but I adore it!

Bottom Line: This is one of my new favorite lipstick formulas, and I've found my go-to peachy nude for the moment. The cream formula is exceptionally comfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.