Monday, February 17, 2014

Deborah Lippmann Spring 2014 Spring Reveries Collection- La Vie en Rose + Flowers in Her Hair

Today, I'm sharing my selections from Deborah Lippmann's Spring 2014 Collection, Spring Reveries.


Deborah Lippmann is my favorite polish-only line (I conveniently overlook the few attempts to lippies).  When I'm not wearing Chanel or Dior, it's likely that you'll find Deborah Lippmann polish on my nails.  Why mess with something that just works?

The Spring 2014 collection, Spring Reveries, is comprised of six gorgeous pastels that make you think instantly of spring.  There are five cremes and one shimmer in the group.  I selected two of the six:  La Vie en Rose, a milky pink shimmer, and Flowers in Her Hair, a minty creme.  All shades in this collection are listed as limited edition, so grab them quickly!




La Vie en Rose ($18) is described by the brand's site as "pastel petal pink (shimmer)".  I'd agree with that characterization. When I saw the formula, I hoped that it would be the milky pink cousin to last year's Careless Whisper.

Flowers in Her Hair ($18) is described as "magnificent mint medley (creme).  I couldn't pass up this shade when I saw it creep online on Nordstrom.com.  I have a problem with collecting mint polishes but rarely actually wearing them!  I have a feeling I'll wear this often, though.

I don't have nail wheels, and the light has been awful outside. So, please excuse these swatches. I'll do a real NOTD soon with these.

Inside, with flash:






They're both lovely, but totally different. I can see La Vie en Rose becoming one of my neutral staples.


Deborah Lippmann's Spring Reveries Collection is available via the brand's website, Sephora, and Nordstrom.

Next up: Dior Spring 2014 (Part 1).  Yes, I went crazy over this one so I'm going to break it into two pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.