Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dior Spring 2014 Trianon Collection (Part II-Nails): Bloom, Bouquet, Pampille, Porcelaine)

This is Part II of my look at my selections from Dior's Spring 2014 Trianon Collection.  There are actually six polishes, scattered across several retailers. I picked up four of the six.  Look for proper NOTD posts for each with full manis over the next month or so.



First, the two that I didn't buy.  I did so with a lot of research:

Blossom (#132)- A sheer peach with gold glitter that swatches on the nail similar in tone to Chanel June.  It is priced $24, and available via Nordstrom. See swatches and reviews from Temptalia, The Beauty Look Book, Pointless Cafe, and The RAEviewer.

Perle(#187)- A matte pink topcoat.  Available via Dior, Nordstrom, Sephora, and Macys.  See reviews and swatches from Temptalia, The Beauty Look Book, and Blushing Noir.

I did manage to track down the other four shades.
 


Bloom (#777)- a saturated, cool-toned fuschia.  See today's NOTD.  This is available via Saks and Macy's.  I normally love Dior's formula, but Bloom might be the nicest nail polish I've ever dealt with, period.  Its essentially a one-coat polish that self-levels.










Bouquet (#457)- A light coral creme.  This is available via Sephora and Macys.  It corresponds well with Rouge Dior Rose Crinoline for Dior's matchy-matchy lips and tips.  Its formula is what you would expect from Dior, an excellent creme that is full coverage in two coats. Like Bloom, its not a terribly original shade to have in a spring collections, but still nice to have.  It lacks the uber-formula of Bloom, but is still a nice coral.











Pampille (#192)- A pale, sheer, minty shimmer.  This is a Nordstrom exclusive.  This is tricky to work with, but I happen to enjoy it (unlike many other reviewers). On its own, you need 3-4 thin coats for coverage, although some VNL will still be present.  It's also lovely as a topper on top of Porcelaine.






Porcelaine (#204) A light blue creme available at all Dior retailers.  It has a thin creme formula, and requires 3 thin coats to achieve close to opacity.  I struggled with this one- if I built it up enough to be opaque, I dented my nails within an hour. Still, this color is a standout and might be worth the struggle.





These are with 3 coats:






This completes my selections from Dior's Spring 2014 collection.  Clearly, I went a bit crazy. Tomorrow, I bring you my selection from Guerlain's Spring 2014 collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.