Monday, September 8, 2014

Giorgio Armani Fade to Grey Organica Palette & Eyes to Kill Liquid Eyeliner in Mercury Nude

Today I'm happy to be sharing with you two of the standout pieces from Giorgio Armani's Fall 2014 Fade to Grey Collection: the Organica Palette and Eyes to Kill Liquid Eyeliner in Mercury Nude. They're both stunning pieces and, despite the price, worth checking out. Armani is a luxury brand, with the prices to match.



The Organica Universal Eyeshadow Palette rings in at $88 for 5g/0.177oz. It's the same size compact as the brand's eyes/blush palettes, but only features 2 shadows. Size-wise, it's larger than 4 solo shades.








There are two small foam brushes tucked into the lower level of the compact, but I haven't used them since I prefer brushes (I've actually been using the Tom Ford Eyeshadow Brush to do my looks with this palette).



Some have complained about the design on the palette, but it doesn't bother me. I'm too much in love with the shades and the performance of the shadows.



It's important to note that the stock photo (below) reads far cooler and less violet than the actual palette.

Stock photo via Nordstrom.com

There are two shades in the Organica Palette, a lovely grey with violet undertones (left) and a glorious peach devoid of pink (right).

Seriously, look at this baby shine in the sun. How can you not fall in love?




Even without direct sun, this palette appears to be lit within. It does lead to a luminous eye look, which is never an unflattering look.




Here are some lovely swatches that made me really fall in love with the palette.

Outside, in full sun it's phenomenal.



Outside, without flash:


Outside, with flash:



Inside,with flash:




These shadows are shimmery and metallic without a hint of frost. That's what makes this a stunner in my opinion. Yes, it's expensive, but worth it for a grey lover like me.

I've worn this multiple times, with the grey on the lid, the two shades mixed in the crease, and the peach shade halfway up the brow bone as the easiest pairing. I've paired it with different liners, but the one that I love most with it just happens to be the Eyes to Kill Liquid Liner in Mercury Nude (#3) from the same collection.

I purchased my palette in-store at Neiman Marcus (the only place where I've seen the collection in person), but it's available on Armani, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Saks' websites.




Although I love the palette on its own, I truly believe that the Eyes to Kill Liquid Liner in Mercury Nude (#3) is the perfect partner. It strikes the perfect balance of being metallic yet soft and subtle enough to feel comfortable wearing this look to a fairly conservative workplace. These liners retail for $34.




Mercury Nude is a lovely purple-leaning silver that's a perfect compliment to the grey shade in the Organica Palette. The liquid eyeliner dries quickly and wears well. The brush is very thin, and even a neophyte like myself didn't have too many issues with application.


All 4 of the liquid eyeliners are metallic and compliment the rest of the collection. I selected Mercury Nude because I don't have anything like it in my stash, color-wise. It's a lovely, complex purplish-silver-taupe. I also feel like it's one of the easier shades to wear (versus a bright silver, olive-gold, or rose-gold).





This flash photo most accurately captures the purple undertones of Mercury Nude:



I'll admit that it looks a bit scary on its own. But trust me, it just works with the palette. Wear time is good- I've never tested it beyond 10 hours, but at the 10 hour mark it looked just as good as when I applied it.

In the sun:



Inside, without flash:



Inside, with flash:



Outside:



Just to demonstrate just how well Mercury Nude works with the palette, here are a couple of quick shots. They don't do it justice though- the liner just makes your eyes illuminated and finishes the look to perfection.

In the sun:



Inside, with flash:



Outside:



Like the Organica Palette, I purchased the Eyes to Kill Liquid Eyeliner in-store at Neiman Marcus, the only local store with the collection in-store at the moment. It's available online at all of the same places that I listed for the palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.