Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Bliss



Today, I bring you another review that I've taken my sweet time with. Chantecaille Cheek Shade in Bliss ($38, LE) is the brand's special release in celebration of their 15th anniversary collection. I didn't pick up the gorgeous eyeshadow trio, but I did fall head over stilettos for this stunning blush.  Let's just take a moment to enjoy the beauty eye candy.

Bliss, like other Chantecaille blushes, is rather small, weighing in at just 2.5g. If you're anything like me, I've only ever hit pan on one blush before. So, I don't mind the small pebble-like blush.



Although it's not meant to be ergonomically pleasing, this beauty nestles into the palm of your hand just right.



Not that it has anything to do with the blush, but I just wanted to share this cheerful little box:


Now, let's get back to Bliss. It's an incredible shade, and the packaging truly reflects that.



It appears to be a light pink, innocent rosy shade. That rose on the pan is apropos.




In the sun, you can't help but stop and stare. Bliss glimmers without any noticeable shimmer or glitter. It also looks peachy in this full sun shot. It's breathtaking.


Using flash brings out more of the cool pink undertones- and gives you an idea of the super secret shimmer.


But take it inside with the same camera and same flash and it appears a bit warmer. Bliss is quite the chameleon, no?

In case you couldn't tell, I am in love with this stunner and couldn't stop photographing.

Now, let's talk pigmentation and wear. Bliss is the perfect light blush for me. If you're looking for a dark shade, take one last longing look at the stunning rose and keep on walking. This is probably too light for anyone darker than medium complexion. Although it's not even in the same galaxy, I'd throw it in the same universe as Benefit Dandelion. If Dandelion is flattering on your skin tone, you'll love Bliss.

I find that Bliss merely enhances my skin. I wish I could find the site, but another blogger called it  "good genes". I don't claim that phrase, but I agree with her (and wish I could remember who it was; I searched for a good 15 minutes!). Bliss makes my cheeks look luminous from within and healthy. It's my new go-to, and never too much.

In order to make Bliss show up, I had to swatch way too heavy. These swatches were done with a dense eyeshadow brush to pack on pigmentation. For reference, my skin is in the neighborhood of NW10-NW15, Bobbi Brown Alabaster, Burberry 02/202, NARS Mont Blanc.

Direct sun swatch:



Outside swatch, no direct sun:





Bottom line, this is love. It lasts all day, makes my cheeks look perfect, and is never too much. Why can't all blushes be like this?

I purchased mine at my local Chantecaille counter. Although it's hard to find online, (pst, check the brand's website) they're still at counters.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.