Saturday, September 6, 2014

Chanel Secret Le Vernis & QBB the Blog v3.0

Today is the first day of QBB Version 3.0, and the first of a new posting style for me.  The daily NOTD is a thing of the past, as are multiple posts in a day. With my newfound attention to balance comes self-awareness of my own limitations. Although I'd love to be a prolific blogger, my wallet and time management dictate a single post per day.

I'll come back to the new format shortly, but I'd like to share one of my most unexpected loves over the last couple of months: Chanel Secret Le Vernis. Secret (Le Vernis #625) was recently released with the Fall 2014 Collection Etats Poetiques, and looks to be joining the permanent lineup per Chanel.com.

I initially reached for Atmosphere from this collection, thinking it would be the more flattering of the two nudes. I couldn't have been more wrong. Secret is a lovely peachy nude that's very flattering to my strong pink undertones. I've worn this shade at least once every week or so since I purchased it in late July. I'm thrilled that it will be around for repurchase.

I have three even coats on my nails in this shot, and the formula is superior to most other light shades from Chanel.



Secret is cooler and more neutral than Emprise. Since I don't have that many light neutral cremes, I don't have a great comparison. However, this is one of my new favorites. Although it may be tempting to pass this up with all of the other amazing new Fall releases, I seriously urge you to take a moment and enjoy this shade.

Chanel Secret Le Vernis retails for $27 and is currently available at counters and on Chanel.com.

Now, onto the blog reboot. I still plan to show all of the fabulous nail shades, but I won't do a daily separate NOTD post. I'll be using all of those lovely manis as material between other reviews.  I aim to have one post per day, about 50/50 with NOTDs and substantive new reviews. I hope that this is a reasonable objective and that I can enjoy blogging again. I have so much to share, and I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.