Thursday, February 11, 2016

Dior Glowing Gardens Spring 2016 Collection



Today's entry in the "way late but better than never" category, I present my purchases from Dior's Glowing Gardens Spring 2016 collection.

I have to admit that the promo photography is absolutely stunning (go look for yourself, as I wasn't able to get a counter snap). It took me from "not interested" to "go find this NOW!"

I purchased several key items from the collection. All but the highlighter are still available, and the highlighter's going in and out of stock at Sephora the past few weeks.

First up, let's talk lips. I purchased two items: Dior Addict Lip Glow 005 Lilac and Dior Addict Lip Glow Liner.



Dior's Lip Glows ($33 each) are marketed as totally unique, balm-like lipsticks that create a custom color. There are currently three on the market: Pink, Orange (previously LE for Spring 14 but now permanent), and now Lilac.


I'm not going to swatch these for you for obvious reasons since they're pretty much invisible on your arm. I had high hopes for Lilac since Pink turns a bright, flattering pink. Lilac is a much more subtle shade and it has taken me weeks of playing with it to appreciate its subtlety. If you're a fan of these no-maintenance balms, I highly suggest picking up Lilac. It's just the most understated of the trio on my highly pigmented lips.

Unlike the Lilac Lip Glow, which took awhile for me to start loving, there's Lip Glow Lip Liner ($32).


This was instantaneous love.  It doesn't produce the same bright pink as the OG Lip Glow, but it's a beautiful liner that I've been testing with any number of light pink lipsticks. It's hard to describe its effect, but it's more than a clear liner but less than an opaque pink. It's love.



On to the star of the collection: the Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder in Glowing Pink ($58). It's a pink highlighter that comes with a mini kabuki brush.



It's honestly one of the stars of all Spring 2016 releases if I'm being honest.


It's got a stunning Nude pattern on the powder which lasts and lasts. I'd been using this for a couple of weeks when I took the photo.


The amazing thing about this highlighter is how it just works with my uber-pink NW15 skin:


Stunning, right? It's more of a sheen than shimmer (like the Chanel highlighter). Bottom line, it's something that I have successfully suppressed the urge to back up. But I've been wearing it like crazy. Should you happen to stumble onto one, GRAB IT!

The final two items I picked up are the only 2 nail shades that came to North America.


Although there were 4 releases outside of North America, we once again were left with just the scraps of the nail collection with Bleuette (301) and Lilac (491). Luckily, they're both great but once again Dior- why give Europe a collection twice the size of North America? Grr....






Bleuette is a pale blue with a moderate white base. Formula requires three coats to build up:





Overall, I like it. It's a lot lighter than Lancome's offering for the season so it's a must-have.









Here are a few comparisons:



Lilac is the other polish that Dior has brought to North America.





I don't know how I feel about the name- this feels pink rather than purple. Perhaps it's me, but I think lilac is purple. Nonetheless, Lilac is a warm-toned pastel pink. It's quite pretty on the nails and coverage is superior to Bleuette.




My qualm isn't the color, it's the name! It's quite pretty though.



I pulled a few comparisons:


Bottom line: I like both of them for Spring, but Lilac is the more unique shade in my collection.

Have you checked out Dior's Spring collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.