Thursday, December 12, 2013

Buxom Stay-There Shadow in Collie

Today I bring you one of my favorite cream eyeshadows that lasts all day and then some.  I'm a big fan of this formula, and it's an alternative to MUFE's Aqua Creams. I was introduced to this shade this past spring by a cast member at my local SiJCP during an event- and I bought it on the spot. It was part of one of the prettiest makeovers I've had done in my multiple decades of getting makeovers.






Buxom Stay-There Eyeshadow is described as "A vibrant, waterproof, shimmering cream eye shadow" and Collie as "sparkling champagne."  Cute alert: the shades are all dog breeds. (Get it? Stay there? Dogs? Awww...)

If you're thinking this looks similar to MUFE Aqua Cream #15, it's in the same family, but Collie is a much more shimmering shade and more of a sparkling nude.

Stay-There shadows come in a small glass container with .12oz of eyeshadow for $18. One of my complaints about this packaging (and most others, for that matters) is that you have to flip it over to see the shade.












This shot illustrates that this is far from a new item I'm posting about.  It's well loved.





I call Collie my easy nude cream shadow I can fall back on when I can't make a decision and want to put forth a beautiful, office-appropriate look with a bit of a kick.

Some swatches:


Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:







Outside:





Put simply, this is a nude cream shadow that's one of those foundational pieces for any stash.  It's like your favorite pair of jeans- always looks just right.

These wear like iron on me- it takes scrubbing after 18 hours.

Bottom Line: I like the formula, and this is one of my favorite cream shadows, regardless of color.  This is the perfect nude shadow for me, so I get a lot of use out of it.

Pricing/Availability: $18, at Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.