Monday, December 9, 2013

NARS Lip Gloss in Bad Education

My many hours lurking on various beauty forums paid off in the form of today's item, NARS Bad Education Lip Gloss.  It's no longer on Sephora's site, but I was able to nab it for $10 when it was briefly in stock.  Keep your eyes out since they did the Albatross lip gloss last holiday at that price- I suspect this might be 2013's shade.


Bad Education is described as "sheer crimson red," but I find it to be a totally wearable, almost brick red on my heavily pigmented lips.  This is the only other color I've been wearing lately other than my trusty LMdB Hydra-Creme lipstick, so that says something about the color. It's a perfect fall red, and totally office appropriate.





Here are some swatches:

Inside, no flash:





Inside, with flash:





Outside:





I struggled to get a true shot of this on my lips. Hence the multiple shots, from different rooms/angles.

Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:









Outside:










Out of all of those, the shots with flash come the closest to what I see when I look in the mirror when I'm wearing this shade.



I get several hours wear out of NARS lip glosses, but I tend to eat and drink more frequently than my lip gloss would like.

Bottom Line: Keep your eyes out for this one if it pops up again on sale. It's worth it for sure!

Pricing/Availability: Currently OOS at Sephora (especially at the sale price), but available from NARS' website for $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.