I've already raved about Diorskin Shimmer Star #001 and implied what a game-changer it's been in terms of makeup. Now it's time to look at shade #002, Amber Diamond. Ironically, this is the shade that was first introduced to me by the Dior MUA, who admitted to using it on her whole face for lazy days. I took that and ran with it, despite our difference in complexions.
As a highlighter, Amber Diamond is geared towards those with warmer and darker complexions than mine. I'm pale enough that it can be used as a light bronzer on me. You'll recall that Diorskin Shimmer Stars are actually designed to be illuminating powders/highlighters. I use this palette as bronzer, illuminator, and eyeshadow. At $45, it's significantly less expensive than the quints, and is a multi-purpose palette.
This is truly a lifesaver, and now both it and Rose Diamond live in my makeup bag because of their versatility. Give me those 2, and just 3 or 4 other products (Concealer, mascara, eyeliner) and I've got a full face.
These come in a pouch, like all other Dior products.
There's a total of 10g/0.35oz in the palette, which is made in Italy.
This is just a beautiful palette:
There are 5 shades in the Diorskin Shimmer Stars which are meant to be swirled together to create an illuminating powder. I do that, but I also use them individually. I've attempted to break them out as well as give you some of the alternative uses.
- Shimmer Star #1 is an opalescent, golden white shimmer. It can be used individually as a highlighter, or around the eyes as an accent color- especially near the corners.
- Shimmer Star #2 is a shimmering nude that's just about flesh toned on me. It's a great shimmering eyeshadow, especially near the browbone. It's also a nice highlighter
- Shimmer Star #3 is a medium golden brown shimmer that can be used as an eyeshadow, but the size of the strip makes it difficult. This is best blended with other shades.
- Shimmer Star #4 is a medium shimmering brown. I use this as a daily eyeshadow all over my lids, and have used the most of it.
- Shimmer Star #5 is a golden nude. It doubles as a bronzer on me (light touch) and as an eyeshadow.
This is a bit easier to photograph than Rose Diamond because these are more golden/tan and therefore jump on my translucent rosy skin.
Inside, no flash:
Inside, with flash (more accurate):
Bottom Line: Run, don't walk to your local Dior counter and play with this. You'll bring it home, and it will change your makeup bag for the better. It's a crazy value, and who doesn't love a multipurpose palette? Especially one from Dior?
Pricing/Availability: $45 at Dior counters and Sephora.