Friday, December 13, 2013

Dior Diorshow Waterproof Stylo Eyeliner #738 Rosy Gold

This is my second "naughty" post for the day.  Naughty in that I'm breaking my rule of only blogging about items that are accessible.  Nice in that this eyeliner is "ohmigod" good.



Dior released the Diorshow Waterproof Stylo Eyeliner #738- Rosy Gold outside of North America as a part of the Holiday 2013 Golden Winter Collection.  I'm despondent that it's not readily available to us in the US, because it's just that great.



The tip:



This eyeliner leans more rosy than rose gold, but it's lovely.  I've been wearing it every day on the lower eye.

Some swatches:

Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:


Outside:






It's just a lovely, light shade.  It's perfect for holiday, but is also understated for daily use.

I pulled a few of my other rose gold eyeliners to show the difference.




 L-R: Dior, Sephora + Pantone Universe Rose Dawn, Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof 89 Or Rose


Inside, no flash:



Inside, with flash:



Outside:




When comparing the Dior and Chanel Rose Gold eyeliners from this year, it's clear that the Dior is rose, whereas the Chanel leans heavily golden. 

The formula is excellent- creamy and blendable yet waterproof.

And, as a bonus, I did a truth test on the waterproof aspect of this eyeliner.  Turns out, it really is!  This is what a decently heavy swatch (I went over it 3 times) looks like the next morning, and after a shower. Wow.

Left: fresh swatch.  Right: day-old, after a shower. (No flash)


Left: fresh, Right: day-old (flash)






Not bad!


Bottom Line: If this ever comes across your radar, buy it. This is a great formula, and a neutral that works on many skintones.

Pricing/Availability: Not released in the US; ask your international friends to buy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.