Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christian Dior Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara

Back in this post, I mentioned Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara as an item in the Holiday 2013 kit that I wouldn't be reviewing until I had to open a new mascara.  Well, that time came a couple of weeks ago and I'm ready to give my thoughts about it.




Diorshow Iconic Overcurl Mascara retails for $28.50 and promises "spectacular volume and curl professional mascara."  More, from the box:
  • "Its curved brush with exceptional curling abilities delivers instant styling of the entire lash line."
  • "Its shape-holding, volumizing formula is enriched with 'K-polymers'-strengthening, coating, and fixing agents- and immediately plumps and reshapes lashes, revealing astonishing curl. Its deep restructuring skincare ingredients work to create a more spectacular curl day after day."

First, I'm going to throw a major flag on any mascara that claims skincare benefits. I have serious doubts of the validity of those claims. Then again, it's not a mascara if it doesn't claim to do everything short of curing cancer these days, right?

Let's take a better look at the wand to evaluate the curved brush.



That's a fairly significant curve.




I find that, overall, this does a really good job.  It's essential to wipe your wand off with a tissue to remove most of the mascara to avoid clumps, but I can get away without curling my lashes with this mascara.

Would I specifically repurchase? Possibly, but it's not going to be a staple in my mascara wardrobe. I like it better than Diorshow New Look, but less than Diorshow Extase.  It's a nice, serviceable, curling mascara. Does it set the world on fire? No. But do I need to layer it? Nope.

Pricing/Availability: $28.50, at Dior counters and Sephora.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.