Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Julep Posh Lip Gloss

I'm a bit behind in this review since this came with my November 2013 Julep box. Julep re-launched their lip glosses with November's collection, and I upgraded just to get this gloss.

Today I'll be looking at "Posh," described by Julep as "sheer black honey gloss."  Readers of this blog will know exactly why I was drawn to it with that description.










Julep's gloss has a typical wand:




Now, is it really black honey as I know it?  Only the swatches will tell. The color in the tube is promising.

Inside, no flash

Inside, with flash

Outside

Outside, on my lips


It's a beautiful but sheer gloss. But how does it compare to Clinique's black honey?




Left: Clinique Supergloss in Black Honey
Middle: Julep Posh Gloss
Right: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey

The colors aren't even close- Posh looks very berry compared to the original.

I can't speak to the longevity of Julep's new glosses, but I found Posh to be non-sticky, and could see it wearing for a few hours on me.

Pricing/Availability: $22, via Julep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.