Thursday, December 21, 2017

bareMinerals Bare Naturals READY Eyeshadow Palette



Today I have a palette that I've experienced all the feelings with to discuss today. I'll readily admit to being swayed by some of my favorite YouTubers (the ladies of Beauty News have raved about the formula, and I trust them for being brutally honest) and the pre-Thanksgiving sale on Ulta.com to purchase it.



This palette contains 14 pressed eyeshadows (they weigh in at XXX each) in a hard plastic palette with an exceptionally awesome mirror (I keep using it in general) and retails for $45. I purchased mine for 50% off as a part of the "Cyber Fundays" sale.



I'm going to quote from the product listing on Ulta.com:

The bareMinerals bareNaturals READY Eyeshadow 14.0 Palette gives you ocean views with nature inspired neutrals. READY Eyeshadow is a super-pigmented, blendable formula that stays-put for up to 12 hours while delivering line-fighting, brightening benefits with a proprietary SeaNutritive Mineral Complex.
 

Inspired by the rugged California coastline along the shimmering ocean, these shades range from soft matte oyster taupe to rich metallic twilight blue. Curated with a variety of textures - creamy mattes, to rich mineral metallic finishes, these universally harmonizing hues are longwearing up to 12 hours. Three easy eye tutorials plus the perfect tool for creating flawless and foolproof eye looks are included. Get READY to be swept away

I thought it was important to include the palette inspiration when discussing the shades. In reality, it's deliciously cool-toned neutral.



In a plethora of warm palettes, there were equal forces of being attracted to these shades and simultaneously being bored with it. Even though I didn't find it revolutionary, something told me this would be perfect for the work week.

I ended up giving this palette a more thorough test than I anticipated; this is what I've been reaching for on a daily basis since the end of Project Use them ALL- not my Viseart palettes.

There are four new shades in the palette- I've noted them below:


I like that there are both matte (oyster and unearthed) and shimmer (quartz and twilight) new shades. Since this is my first experience with the formula, I went in splendidly unspoiled.

I love them.

Let's dig into the palette.

Row 1: Celebrate, Oyster (new), Quartz (new), Head Over Heels, Pale Silk, Unearthed (new), Mahogany



I really like this row of shades. I can make a whole look out of these shades- and it's light enough for me to use. For some reason, light cream mattes are being left out of palettes recently, and those are the shades I pan first.

Row 2: Creme, Mixologist, Bewilder, Hot Commodity, Couture, Twilight (new), Blackout



These shimmers are mysterious little buggers. They're decidedly more complex than they appear in the pan, and are a stunning all-over lid shade.

I didn't take any photos with this on my eyes simply because I either had family visiting (and truth told, I only revealed the existence of this blog to my family a few weeks ago) or it was pre-dawn. Even though I used many different shades, I did end up with basic neutral looks. There's nothing revolutionary here, but it's good.

These last (with primer) a full 16+ hours on me, which means they'll last my commute and workday. I'm stunned. I wish I hadn't slept on this formula for so long.

In sum, I think this is a thoroughly boring but beautiful neutral palette that will likely be a staple for me. I can see this being a palette that I'd like to pan- and that says something. And please note that when I call it boring, that's not a negative. I work in an exceedingly conservative workplace and this delights me. I can make so many work-appropriate looks, and I find the formula a dream to work with.

I love this so much that I suspect it's about to earn a place of honor in my holographic letter organizer (yes, it's real holo) where I keep my go-to palettes for easy access. And, I ordered a second palette in this line. I swore I was done buying palettes after purchasing the Viseart gems, but I'm making a giant exception for these bareMinerals palettes. Say hello to my new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers- please let me know what you thought about these posts. Please keep it related to the content in that post, though. Spammers, solicitation, or inappropriate content are my only no-gos.